Company: Alyeska Resort
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job DescriptionBartenders: Mix alcoholic, nonalcoholic, and
coffee drinks for guests in one of five dining outlets.Bartender
Responsibilities. To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Prepare beverages ordered through point of sale system.
- Mixes ingredients such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and
bitters to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
- Serves wine and draught or bottled beer.
- Prepare espresso drinks to order, collect payments, and
reconcile cash at the end of the shift.
- Perform inventory, turns orders into the manager to maintain
inventory par levels, stock and prepare product for the bar.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Orders or requisitions liquors and supplies with manager.
- Arranges bottles and glasses for effective use.
- Slices and pits fruit for garnishing drinks.
- Learns menu items and daily specials.
- Receives checks and puts away orders.
- Works the floor in bar and lounge.
- Sets lounge for service.
- Takes drink and food orders and enters them into RTP.
- Daily side work assigned.
- Other duties as assigned. Food & Beverage at AlyeskaAlyeska
features 8 Food & Beverage Outlets
- Forté – Family friendly Mediterranean Cuisine
- Aurora Bar – Craft cocktails, beer, and wine, and Alaska
- Sakura -- Modern Asian Cuisine, Sushi
- Seven Glaciers – Mountain top dining experience, recipient of
prestigious AAA Four Diamond Award, named one of 100 Best Wine
Restaurants in 2019 by Wine Enthusiast
- Bore Tide Deli & Bar – Mid-mountain modern deli & grill
- Sitzmark – Apré ski bar & grill
- Tramway Café – Full service coffee shop with grab & go
- Two Trees – Light Spa fare and cocktails Why Alyeska?Alaska is
an incredible place and Girdwood is a friendly, lively town where
residents value both outdoor adventure and community spirit.
Alyeska Resort offers the type of atmosphere where our employees
are able to work hard and play hard, and are encouraged to share
their enthusiasm with our guests.Offering year-round and seasonal
opportunities, working at Alyeska Resort is both rewarding and
exhilarating. Whether you are a seasoned hospitality or ski resort
professional, or just starting out with an avid interest in ski
area management or travel tourism, we invite you to review current
career opportunities and check back often as we are always seeking
great talent. Alyeska Resort offers many exciting career
opportunities, beautiful surroundings and exciting employee
- Vision, Dental, and Medical Insurance for regular full-time
employees• Paid holiday and paid time off (Vacation and Personal)•
Free Season Pass for employees and qualified dependents• Roth
401(k) and 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan• Discounts for rooms at
The Hotel Alyeska and affiliate hotels• Discounts in Resort
restaurants, shops, and fitness center/poolExperience the Alyeska
Resort here: https://vimeo.com/546215049Essential skills and
experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
or one to three years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior
bartending experience strongly preferred.Certificates, Licenses,
Registrations Must have or be able to obtain within the
introductory period, the following: TAPS card and Food Handlers
Card.Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands
and work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste
or smell. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, or
crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50
pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and
peripheral vision. Employee may be required to pass a functional
capacity test developed for this job.
- Work Environment: the noise in this work environment is usually
moderate.Alyeska Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a
Drug-Free Workplace. All resort employees must possess current
documentation showing they are eligible for employment in the
United States. Alyeska Resort accepts applications for currently
available positions only, and does not accept applications for
"general employment." Preference may be given to local candidates,
as relocation may not be available.
Keywords: Alyeska Resort, Anchorage , Bartender, Hospitality & Tourism , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!