Temporary Cashier (Anchorage)
Company: ENSTAR Natural Gas
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY: The Cashier position works within
ENSTAR's Credit Department. The primary purpose of this position is
to accept payments by phone and in person.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Cashier at the front lobby counter. Includes balancing and
- Accept and process credit card or debit card payments over the
- Process virtual payments.
- Process miscellaneous payments/collections and research
- Perform clerical tasks such as handling mail (address changes,
handling returned mail, as well as sorting, opening, and
distributing mail), making copies, and opening and entering
- File and scan documents.
- Enter data and miscellaneous changes into ENSTAR's Customer
Care and Billing (CC&B) software system.
- Respond to email correspondence.
- Serve as back up Switchboard Operator. Transfer calls and
- Call Center environment. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year cashiering experience.
- One year customer service experience, positive customer service
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and
- Ability to type 50+ wpm; ten-key calculator by touch.
- Professional telephone etiquette.
- Professional personal appearance.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be qualified to
operate a vehicle under the conditions of the ENSTAR's Driving
- Ability to pass a drug, credit, background, past employment and
driving record check. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to
confidentially process and maintain data with attention to
- Basic cashiering knowledge and ability to effectively and
accurately perform related tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively and
cooperatively with all levels of management and staff.
- Ability to effectively and professionally assist customers in a
demanding, multi-task environment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills to effectively
communicate policies and procedures to others.
- Ability to use general office equipment such as computer, cash
machine, fax, phone, copier, etc.
- Strong customer service skills, including active listening,
prompt service, follow-up, value added service, one-call
resolution, and customer appreciation.
- Ability to convey information clearly, effectively, and
- Active listening skills; attentiveness when listening to others
to understand, ask appropriate questions, etc.
- Ability to perform basic math (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
quickly and correctly.
- OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere through effective
interactions and communications with co-workers, customers and
- Must maintain a safe environment for co-workers, customers and
the public through adherence to established safety standards and
timely reporting of potential hazards.
- Must adhere to ENSTAR's policies and procedures related to the
code of business ethics, compliance, responsible use of assets, and
all applicable state and federal laws.PHYSICAL
EFFORT:OccasionallyContinuouslyFrequently1. Sittingx2. Standingx3.
Walkingx4. Bending Overx5. Crawling6. Climbing7. Reaching
Overheadx8. Crouching9. Kneeling10. Balancing11. Pushing or
pulling12. Talkingx13. Repetitive use of hands/armsx14. Repetitive
use of legsx15. Grasping16. Lifting10lbs or lessx11 to 25 lbsx26 to
50 lbs.51 to 75 lbs76 to 100 lbsOver 100lbs17. Carrying10lbs or
lessx11 to 25 lbsx26 to 60 lbs51 to 75 lbs76 to 100lbsOver
100lbs18. Eye/hand coordinationx19. Fine ManipulationxVISUAL
ACUITY:OccasionallyContinuouslyFrequently1. Close vision (clear at
20 "or less)x2. Distance vision (clear at 20' or more)x3. Color
vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)x4 Peripheral
vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or
to the left and right whileeyes are fixed on a given point)
5. Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge
distances and spatial relationships)6. Ability to adjust focus
(ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)x7.
No special vision requirementsMENTAL
analyticallyx2. CommunicationxUsing effective verbal
communicationxUsing effective written communicationx3. Handling
stress & emotionsx4. Concentrating on tasksx5. Discriminating
colorsx6. Remember detailsx7. Making decisionsx8. Adjusting to
changesx9. Examining/observing detailsxENVIRONMENTAL
Keywords: ENSTAR Natural Gas, Anchorage , Temporary Cashier (Anchorage), Hospitality & Tourism , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!