Customer Service Representative
Company: Waste Connections
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Alaska Waste, a Waste Connections company, is looking for a
Customer Service Representative for our Anchorage, AK location! The
schedule will be Monday-Friday from 8am to 5pm. Pay will depend on
experience. Waste Connections has many stable opportunities for
qualified and motivated individuals who want to be part of a
dynamic organization. We provide competitive benefits and lots of
room for individual growth as the company expands. Because we
operate with a highly decentralized structure, we look for
individuals who are energetic and have individual initiative and
creativity. Join us and be a part of a winning team!DUTIES AND
- Work in conjunction with other departments to resolve customer
disputes & demonstrate the ability to become proficient in the use
of proprietary operational systems.
- Interviews customers and records interview information into
computer for customer service, talks with customers by phone and in
person, to receive orders for installation, turn on,
discontinuance, or change in service.
- Fills out contract forms, determines charges for service
requested, collects deposits, prepares change of address records
and issues discontinuance orders.
- Demonstrate effective use of software applications, at a
minimum MS Word and Excel proficient.
- Delivers services to customers in a manner that promotes
goodwill. Interacts with customers and Waste Connections employees
to determine service requirements and resolve problems or
- Work in a fast paced, cooperative, high call volume
environment. Solicit sale of new or additional services.
- Cover for the reception desk when necessary.WORKING CONDITIONS
AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work environment is an office setting. Areas are clean,
ventilated, and well lighted. Our Customer Service Reps normally
have their own workstation or cubicle space and are equipped with a
telephone, headset, and computer.
- CSR call areas can be noisy and work may be repetitious and
stressful, with little time in between calls, while still providing
excellent service. Some calls are evaluated to ensure high
- Also, long periods spent sitting, typing, or looking at a
computer screen are common.MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 2 years of Customer Service experience.
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, and Email preferred. Typing and
10-key skills are required.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems. Gather data, compile
information, and prepare reports.
- Willingness and ability to work remotely during Covid-19
temporary remote working protocols.
- Access to high speed internet in remote workspace during
Covid-19 temporary remote working protocols.To be considered for
any of our current openings you must complete an application at
www.wasteconnections.com. Application information and additional
instructions can be found once you select your position of
interest.We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental,
vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term
disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited
opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".Waste Connections is an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Waste Connections, Anchorage , Customer Service Representative, Hospitality & Tourism , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!