Posted on: October 10, 2020
The Bartender will be responsible for preparing alcoholic or
non-alcoholic beverages for patrons and serve alcohol safely and
responsibly according to Alaska state laws and hotel policy,
alerting manager to potential problems before they arise. This
position will interact with customers, assess customers'
preferences and make recommendations. Responsible for balancing til
out at end of shift, run credit card tips and reports, restock
cooler when necessary and put away all liquor behind locked
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Greet guests in a friendly and professional manner, answer
questions about drinks, take drink orders, experience in money
* Prepare cocktail and drink orders according to hotel standards
and specifications and serve to guests or prepare for servers after
ticket is presented.
* Deliver food and/or drinks in a timely manner after order has
been prepared. Check back with guest. If not satisfied, take proper
corrective action as per hotel policy, or alert manager.
* Prepare portable bar for shift by stocking with necessary items,
such as but not limited to napkins, glasses, towels, straws, ice
and other items.
* Prepare fruit for drink garnishes, using a knife to cut limes,
lemons, oranges, etc. and place in clean containers to use
* Stock bar before and after shift with beer, wine, and other
liquors/liqueurs, using ordering sheet and established par levels.
Keep liquor cage locked when not in use and do not allow other
personnel access at any time.
* Assist cocktail server when necessary in serving guests, or other
* At end of shift, run cashier report and balance
* Place cash and checks in envelope and lock in managers
* When closing bar at end of night, lock cage door to bar, check to
make sure all lights are off, and liquor cage door is locked. Clean
bar, empty garbage and do inventory if anything is needed.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Twenty-one years of age or older.
* Experience required with bartending and accurate money
* Must maintain, and conform to, established union and company
policies and procedures at all times.
* Join union within 30 days of hire if not already a member.
* Obtain all necessary permits (i.e. TAM card, food server permit)
within 30 days of hire.
* Provide documents that establish right to work in the United
States before beginning work.
* Ability to communicate and comprehend English.
* Ability to stand and/or walk for duration of shift.
* Ability to perform a full range of motions, including but not
limited to lifting, bending, carrying, and reaching.
* Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds or more at times, using hands
or service trays, throughout duration of shift.
* Ability to work in an environment that is loud and noisy for the
duration of shift.
* Ability to use a calculator, and basic math skills to make proper
change due to guests, and account for daily sales receipts using
established company procedures.
* Ability to work calmly and effectively with all hotel personnel
and management in order to satisfy guests reasonable needs and
desires. Must be a team player.
* Ability to learn and use computer ordering/retrieval system per
company standards for purposes including but not limited to
inputting food and/or drink orders, closing our guest checks, and
running account reports.
* Knowledgeable in the preparation and ingredients of standard bar
drinks, and able to prepare drinks from scratch or using prepared
* Ability to memorize standard drink recipes.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the
only duties to be performed by this employee. This employee will be
required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other
duties requested by their supervisor. The statements herein
intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by the employee in this position. These statements are
not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities,
duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Furthermore, these statements do not establish a contract for
employment and are subject to change at the discretion of
Tanadgusix Corporation (TDX) and its subsidiaries.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Shareholder Preference
Coast Inn at Lake Hood ("Coast") is a subsidiary of TDX and is an
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action (EEO/AA)
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status,
veteran protected status or any other characteristic protected by
applicable law. Native Preference applies pursuant to P.L. 93-638,
and Coast grants employment preference to shareholders of
Tanadgusix Corporation and their spouses and descendants to the
extent allowed by law. Prior to employment, successful completion
of a background investigation may be required.
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility
assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please
submit a request by telephone or via email. In order to
appropriately assist you with an accommodation, we ask that you
please specify the assistance needed in order to access our jobsite
and post for a position. The dedicated email and telephonic options
are listed below and are reserved only for individuals with
disabilities needing accessibility assistance.
To request an accommodation, contact an HR representative at (907)
278-2312 or at HR@TDXCorp.com.
Keywords: Enterprise-Wide, Anchorage , Bartender, Hospitality & Tourism , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!