Company: Vera Whole Health
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Vera Whole Health is transforming healthcare. For insurers and
employers alike, Vera helps take control of perpetually rising
healthcare costs. Vera's behavior change model via onsite primary
care clinics improves health and productivity, reducing claims and
overall cost of care by as much as 25% in the first year.
Vera's model is anchored by three core elements: high engagement,
managed care and organizational culture change, which combine to
drive down utilization of costly services like ER,
inpatient/outpatient visits, specialty services, labs and
prescriptions, and transform the overall health of the
Vera is the first plan-sponsored health center in the United States
to earn a Certificate of Validation by the Care Innovations---
Validation Institute. This endorsement substantiates Vera's claims
that its approach reduces overall healthcare spending for
employers, justifies Vera's 100 percent money-back guarantee, and
recognizes Vera for its sound population health cost outcomes.
The Whole Health Coach is an integrated member of the clinical care
team and works collaboratively with diverse patient populations to
engage them in their health and well-being. The coach co-creates
individualized action plans with each patient to support them in
achieving their personal health goals. They are responsible for
facilitating the end-to-end process of coaching for both
individuals and groups, in-person and/or over the phone.
Position Qualifications/Essential Functions
Individual Health Coaching
- Provide tailored one-on-one health coaching to individuals
around their stated health goals, both in-person and
- Co-create action plans and SMART goals to meet patient's stated
- Monitor the patient's progress related to their established
goals and provide accountability.
- Understand the patient's health conditions related to the
coaching engagement, leveraging expertise from the clinical care
team as needed.
- Successfully complete coaching sessions within established
- Provide patients with community resources or information about
their employee benefit plan as needed.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of all patient
encounters in NextGen EMR.
- Outreach calls, including follow-up on Health Assessment
results and patient engagement.Outreach and Health Promotion
- Manage a patient caseload
- Participate in scheduled outreach endeavors such as biometric
screening events, employee health fairs, lunch and learns, and
- Facilitate group coaching programs to increase engagement with
- Continually work with clinic team to gather community resources
available to serve the needs of the clinic population.Clinical Care
- Collaborate with the clinical care team and patient to
determine the appropriate number of coaching sessions required to
meet their goals.
- Collaborate with the clinical care team to better understand
the patient's whole health.
- Act as a leader on the clinical care team in the areas of
coaching and behavior change.
- Prepares for, attends and participates in team meetings and
- Collaborates in developing team priorities and patient goals &
- Report to appropriate authority figures in cases of abuse,
neglect, or imminent danger.
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- Participate in medical site's efforts to comply with
organizational quality improvement guidelines and pertinent
government regulations including OSHA and CLIA.
- Works with their clients according to ICF Code of Ethics and
Vera Whole Health Coach Scope of Practice.
- Crosstrain in other clinic workflows, such as answering phones,
scheduling, greeting patients and checking in patients for
appointments to support team and clinic flow
- Must be able to commute to onsite events as needed
Additional Qualifications Preferred
- Ability to be creative and innovative in a fast-paced
environment with a lot of ambiguity and constant change.
- Experience working in EMR systems preferred, Nextgen a
- Experience with MS Office suite.
- Bilingual or multilingual preferred.
- 1-3 years of coaching experience.
- Training in coaching competencies, theories and
- Knowledge of the Transtheoretical Model, Appreciative Inquiry
and Motivational Interviewing preferred.
- Practiced understanding of the differences between coaching and
- ICF or ICHWC credential within the first 18 months of
- Documentation of Hep B vaccination or proof of immunity
- Documentation of proof of a negative TB test in the last 90
days before start-date.
- Must show proof of current CPR certification or be CPR
certified within 60 days of hire.
- Vera will accept evidence of CPR training/certification if the
candidate can provide documentation within 60 days of hire
- Must show proof of current Basic Life Support (BLS)
certification for Healthcare Providers from a nationally accredited
organization within 7 days of hire
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to The Vera Way
by practicing its key components of mindfulness, continuous
learning, a coach approach, innovation, adaptability and resilience
with all members of Vera's staff, clients and patients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Time management skills and ability to manage time effectively
during 30-minute coaching sessions and between sessions.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to
build effective working relationships. throughout all levels of the
- Ability to connect and empathize with a wide range of diverse
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups.
- Strong group facilitation skills a plus.
- Requires sitting for extended periods of time.
- Manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires corrected vision, hearing and speech within normal
ranges.Vera Whole Health is an equal employment/affirmative action
employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment
process because of a disability, please send an email to to let us
know the nature of your request. NMHP
Keywords: Vera Whole Health, Anchorage , Health Coach, Healthcare , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!