Company: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES
Posted on: May 19, 2019
General opening in Anchorage, Alaska. This and other massage
therapist jobs brought to you by AlliedHealthJobCafe.com Massage
Therapist job in Anchorage, Alaska. This is a civilian position
providing care to specialized U.S. active duty military personnel.
The MT is part of a new Human Performance team that will work to
optimize fitness and quality of life for military personnel who
undergo extreme stresses to their bodies in the line of duty. Our
employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare
professionals where you are valued.Any state license honored
Full-time hoursPTOPaid holidaysCompetitive Compensation &
Employment Package Massage Therapist Job Overview:
- Provide pre-habilitation of musculoskeletal conditions in
specialize military personnel.
- Evaluate and provide massage therapy to assigned personnel as
part of a pre-habilitation program. Pre-habilitation is intended to
strengthen core musculoskeletal (MSK) system to enhance resistance
to neck and back injury. Also, health lifestyle education is
addressed as part of an overall health maintenance program to
enhance injury resistance.
- Massage therapy as part of an overall strength and conditioning
program, focusing on neck and back pain, will improve the overall
quality of life for specialized personnel.
- Evaluate and provide pre-habilitation for all assigned
- appointments will be based on need, pre-habilitative plans, and
any potential coordination with members' military and/or civilian
- Develop Individualized Program (IP) for each member served. The
MT, working with other team members will develop an IP for each
- The goals of this IP are to increase neck and back conditioning
and overall health to minimize the risk of neck and back injury and
to minimize the severity of any
- injury experienced by the member by addressing neck and back
strain encountered by members.
- Provide ongoing massage therapy. Every crew member will have
varying degrees of need with regard to massage therapy.
- Optimize scheduling to maximize the benefit to the crew
Determine the optimal time for each therapy visit and ensure as
many of the personnel as practical may receive therapy. This will
involve assessing the greatest needs and implementing a schedule
strategy to best meet the needs for massage therapy focusing on
neck and back pain.
- Advise unit commanders on matters related to injury prevention.
Identify opportunities for improvement.
- Develop protocols and standard operating procedures (SOP) for
- Advise unit commanders of administrative matters, purchasing of
supplies and equipment, and supplemental fiscal requests related to
interventions and professional services provided.
- Conduct equipment, product, and literature reviews to ensure
that the program continues to improve as our understanding of
injury prevention evolves.
- Provide Human Performance and Pre-habilitative trending metrics
reportMassage Therapist Job Qualifications:
- CPR with AED
- Licensure: active, current, unrestricted. Any U.S. state.
- Graduated from a MT certification program
- Experience working with professional and/or collegiate
athletes, or equivalent
- Minimum of four (4) years' experience, highly preferred
- Ability to design and present computer-generated outcome
analysis information in order to provide timely and effective peer
and higher level educational programs or project briefings.
- Oral and written communication skills in order to meaningfully
interact with peers, outside agencies, vendors, providers, and
Military Health System (MHS) stakeholders to exchange information,
provide briefings and presentations, participate in research, and
develop metrics to demonstrate or advance effective and efficient
aircrew neck and back pain prevention.
- Skill in effective team dynamics in order to facilitate the
exchange of information/education, enhance goal achievement, and
identify change in system or policy at any level.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and regulations,
professional code of ethics, AF guidance, DoD guidance, and
practice standards in order to ensure adherence within legal and
- Skill in use of research tools in order to critically evaluate
existing practices, opportunities, and outcomes.
- Knowledge of computers and software applications in order to
conduct data collection, tracking, trending, and analysis. This is
a pre-soliciation for an upcoming potential contract. If working in
this position in the future is of interest to you, we welcome you
to apply. This is for a potential position only.
Keywords: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES, Anchorage , Massage Therapist, Healthcare , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!