Physician - Anesthesiologist
Company: FSR (Federal Staffing Resources)
Posted on: March 17, 2019
Anesthesiology opening in Anchorage, Alaska. This and other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com Physician - Anesthesiologist job in Anchorage, Alaska. The job is within the extensive military medical system and is a civilian position. Civilian and military personnel work together in hospitals and medical clinics provide services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued!Monday-Friday day scheduleCompetitive CompensationBenefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans) Physician - Anesthesiologist job Overview:
- Perform a full range of physician services in accordance with privileges.
- Direct, perform, or assist in the instruction of other health care professionals within the scope of the clinical privileges or responsibilities.
- Examine, diagnose, treat or prescribe courses of treatment within the scope of training, experience, and privileges.
- Order diagnostic tests as applicable as well as request consultation or referral with appropriate physicians, clinics, or other health resources as indicated.
- Technically proficient in directing/providing peripheral nerve blocks for patient care and teaching the application of peripheral nerve blocks to residents and CRNA staff; and providing educational lectures and participating in the provision of in-service training to clinic staff members. Such direction and interaction will adhere to Government and professional clinical standards and accepted clinical protocols.
- Provide routine and emergent anesthesia care for infant through geriatric patients with American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) classifications I - VI.
- Provide regional and/or general anesthesia care for the following subspecialties: general surgery, gynecology, adult dentistry, pediatric dentistry, otolaryngology, urology, ophthalmology, oral surgery, orthopedics, plastic surgery, podiatry, and dermatology, or other services assigned to WHASC as needed.
- Provide resuscitative care during a cardiopulmonary arrest, and sedation or general anesthetic care at remote locations; carry code blue pager as assigned and respond to code blue emergencies within the facility
- Supervise care and/or supervise the simultaneous delivery of anesthesia care by certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNAs); administer anesthesia in lieu of CRNA to patients whose condition poses a particular anesthetic difficulty.
- Administer appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic nerve blocks in the treatment of acute and chronic pain; instruct and oversee the administration of these modalities by resident anesthesiologists.
- Oversee the activities of the recovery room and administer appropriate drug and respiratory therapy in the recovery room setting.
- Implement the proper use of mechanical ventilators in the recovery room, and as necessary, in the intensive care units.
- Provide consultation regarding preoperative preparation, intra and postoperative anesthetic management, and treatment of chronic pain patients.
- Consult with other members of the MTF medical and nursing staff to provide quality perioperative care.
- Document medical care in accordance with MTF regulations, Air Force Instructions (AFI), and the standards established by the American Society of Anesthesiologists.
- Provide ongoing anesthesia care until relieved by a qualified anesthesiologist or certified registered nurse anesthetist.
- Attend monthly Anesthesiology Department meetings (or Surgical Services Department meetings in the absence of an Anesthesiology Department), and quarterly MTF Medical/Dental Professional Staff meetings. Provides primary or specialty medical care with the cognizance or supervision of a physician. Physician - Anesthesiologist job Qualification:
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.)
- Graduate from an accredited medical school in the United States or Canada.Graduate from an accredited medical school in the United States or Canada. This degree must have been accredited by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association; Association of American Medical Colleges; Liaison Committee on Medical Education; Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the American Osteopathic Association, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) at the time the degree was obtained (e.g. Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC), College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC). A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school must provide education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States. Evidence of equivalency to accredited schools in the United States is demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country, or successful completion of the U.S. Medical Licensing Examination.
- ACLS certification must be obtained through the American Heart Association and/or Red Cross approved training program
- Practiced within the last two years as an Anesthesiologist
- Board Certification by the American Board of Anesthesiology or the American Osteopathic Board of Anesthesiology
- Internship/Residency program: successful completion. Approved by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education or the Committee on Postdoctoral Training of the American Osteopathic Association.
- For purposes of this requirement, graduate training programs include only those internship, residency, and fellowship programs that are approved by accrediting bodies recognized within the United States or Canada. Position contingent on contract award with a Spring 2019 start. Incumbents HIGHLY encourage to contact us! Come join our team of healthcare professionals! Keyphrases: anesthesiology jobs, crna jobs, anesthesiologist jobs, nurse anesthesiologist jobs, anesthesiologist nurse jobs, dental anesthesiologist jobs, anesthesiologist pain management jobs, anesthesiology pain management jobs, anesthesiologist cardiac jobs, pediatric anesthesiologist jobs, crna locum tenens jobs, crna positions jobs, crna employment jobs, nurse anesthetist crna jobs, crna nurse jobs, certified registered nurse anesthetist jobs, nurse anesthetist jobs, dental anesthesiology jobs, anesthesiology nurse jobs, anesthesiology tech jobs, anesthesia technician jobs, anesthesiology technician jobs, nurse anesthesiology jobs, pediatric anesthesiology jobs, anesthesiology pediatric jobs, anesthesiology assistant jobs, anesthesia assistant jobs, pain management anesthesiologist jobs, pain management anesthesiology jobs
Keywords: FSR (Federal Staffing Resources), Anchorage , Physician - Anesthesiologist, Healthcare , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!