Registered Nurse (RN) - Gastroenterology
Company: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES
Posted on: January 11, 2019
Gastroenterology opening in Anchorage, Alaska. This and other rn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com Spring 2019 contract start date. Position contingent on contract award. Incumbents highly encouraged to contact us. Come join our team of healthcare professionals. Registered Nurse (RN) - Gastroenterology job in Anchorage, Alaska. The Registered Nurse (RN) - Gastroenterology job is within the military medical system and is a civilian position. Civilian and military personnel work together in the extensive military medical system. The hospitals and medical clinics provide services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families and provide a full range of medical services. Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.Fantastic PTO accrual rateCompetitive CompensationBenefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)Dedication Program Manager to support your employment Registered Nurse (RN) - Gastroenterology Job Overview:
- Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care for adult and geriatric patients. Ability to synthesize data from a variety of sources and make appropriate clinical decisions.
- Coordinates patient care through a continuum and facilitates the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to care, quality and cost effectiveness.
- Ensures compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the medical treatment facility. Provides care within ethical and legal boundaries.
- Accountable for making patient care assignments based on the scope of practice and skill level of assigned personnel.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and organization. Effectively uses appropriate communication format in addressing professional issues.
- Ability to recognize adverse signs and symptoms and react quickly in emergency situations.
- Skilled in setting up, operating and monitoring specialized medical equipment such as IV (intravenous) infusion pumps, cardiac monitoring devices, EKG units, oxygen analyzers, nebulizers, and other unit specific equipment.
- Work proactively with the GI team to continually assess patient's discharge planning needs and ensure timely discharge of patient.
- Maintain knowledge of and function independently in administering treatments and procedures, including familiarization with endoscopy equipment. Treatments include, but are not limited to, IV sedation (conscious sedation), IV cannulation, and IV therapy (including antibiotics and blood products).
- Provide pre-procedural counseling and education for patients planning to undergo GI procedures.
- On their arrival, prepare patients for procedures, obtain and document pertinent medical history and physical assessment.
- Safely transfer patients to and from procedure areas with the assistance of other staff.
- Assist with GI procedures, to include the provision of conscious sedation. Be familiar with, and when required, assist in GI procedures to include upper endoscopy (EGD), colonoscopy, ERCP, esophageal pH testing, paracentesis, liver biopsy, and PEG placement. Emergent procedures include endoscopy for GI bleeding control, foreign body removal, and cholangitis.
- Provides on-call coverage during both regular business hours and after regular business hours, such as overnights, weekends, and holidays, as scheduled, to support urgent and emergent procedures.
- Perform patient recovery as required in the procedure room or following transportation to the designated recovery area.
- Performs a full range of nursing procedures to include, by not limited to: patient counseling and education, telephone consultations with patients, reviewing charts, intravenous fluid administration, oxygen administration, vital signs monitoring and recording, specimen collection, and other unit specific procedures as prescribed by the provider.
- Completes orientation and competency verification programs in accordance with (IAW) unit guidelines. Completes initial and annual training independently.
- Participates in the orientation and training of newly assigned personnel, as appropriate.
- Ensures a safe work environment, employee safe work habits and patient safety IAW regulatory agencies, infection control policies, and process improvement initiatives.
- Participates in peer review.
- Participates in committees, functions and other meetings as directed. Provides relevant and timely information to these groups if asked.
- Assists with process improvement initiatives.
- Participates in customer service initiatives, quality projects, and medical readiness activities, designed to enhance health services. Registered Nurse (RN) - Gastroenterology Job Qualifications:
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing
- Graduate from a college or university accredited by National League Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse
- Two (2) years' experience as a clinical nurse in the medical/surgical, critical care inpatient, or emergency department settings
- Employed in one of those work settings within the past 36 months
- One (1) year experience providing moderate sedation with recovery Keyphrases: gastroenterology jobs, gastroenterologist jobs, gastro jobs, gastroenterologist associates jobs, pediatric gastroenterology jobs, pediatric gastroenterologist jobs
Keywords: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES, Anchorage , Registered Nurse (RN) - Gastroenterology, Healthcare , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!