Physical Therapy Assistant / Technician
Company: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES
Posted on: January 11, 2019
General Practice opening in Anchorage, Alaska. This and other physical therapy jobs brought to you by AlliedHealthJobCafe.com Physical Therapy Assistant / Technician job in Anchorage, Alaska. The job is a civilian position within the military medical system. Civilian and military personnel work together in the extensive military medical system providing a full range of services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.Monday-Friday day work scheduleHolidays offFantastic PTO accrual rateCompetitive CompensationBenefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)Dedication Program Manager to support your employment Physical Therapy Assistant / Technician Job Overview:
- Carry out a program of corrective exercise and treatment for assigned patients, as directed by the physical therapist.
- Under supervision, administer such treatment as exercise, gait training, massage, whirlpool, hot packs, diathermy, ultrasound, paraffin, ice packs and traction.
- Instruct patients on segments of the program including proper use of wheelchairs, crutches, braces, and prosthetic appliances and devices.
- Administer traction to relieve neck and back pain, using intermittent and static traction equipment. Instruct, motivate, and assist patients to learn and improve functional activities.
- Observe patients during treatments and compile and evaluate data on patients' responses to treatments and progress and report orally or in writing to the physical therapist.
- Fit patients for, adjust, and train patients in the use and care of orthopedic braces, prostheses, and supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, walkers, and wheelchairs.
- Confer with members of the physical therapy staff and other health team members, individually and in conference, to exchange, discuss, and evaluate patient information for planning, modifying, and coordinating treatment programs. Coordinate with other departments and the clinic staff to provide complete care to patients. Physical Therapy Assistant / Technician Job Qualifications:
- BLS by American Heart Association
- Associates Degree
- Graduate from a college or university accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE)
- One year of experience as a Physical Therapy Assistant after graduation
- License: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a physical therapy assistant or possess current certification as a physical therapy assistant/technician as determined by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA). OR have worked as a Physician Therapy Technician supporting a Physical Therapy Clinic for 1 year for a PTT role not described above. Position contingent on contract award with a Spring 2019 start date. Incumbents HIGHLY encourage to contact us! Come join our team of healthcare professionals!
Keywords: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES, Anchorage , Physical Therapy Assistant / Technician, Healthcare , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!