Charge RN Cardiovascular Stepdown Unit
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you currently have an opportunity to
make a real impact with your work? With over 2,000 sites of care
and serving over 31.2 million patient interactions every year,
nurses at Alaska Regional Hospital have the opportunity to make a
real impact. As a(an) Charge RN Cardiovascular Stepdown Unit you
can be a part of change.BenefitsAlaska Regional Hospital, offers a
total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and
retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
It is an exciting time to be a nurse at HCA Healthcare! Come unlock
your career potential and see how rewarding it can be to reach your
personal and professional goals. Help to advance the practice of
nursing and improve positive outcomes for your patients as a (an)
Charge RN Cardiovascular Stepdown Unit. We want your knowledge and
expertise!Job Summary and QualificationsAs a Charge RN in the
Cardiovascular Surgical Unit you will be responsible for the
day-to-day activities in the unit, and assume responsibility for
the outcome of nursing care during a specified work period. Our
team supports each other like family and we are looking for someone
who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. In this role:
- You will provide assessment and planning for individualized
- You will respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition
or response to treatment.
- You will provide care for the patient in collaboration with the
patient/family, with regard to developmental, cultural and age
specific differences, develops and implements patient care plans to
include problems, goals, evaluations and interventions.
- You will communicate effectively with physicians regarding
patient's clinical condition and results of diagnostic
- You will perform nursing duties as needed in the continuum of
care for all patients.
- You will participate in process improvement efforts and
activities for the department.
- You will act in a composed and professional manner, especially
What qualifications you will need:
- Current licensure in Alaska as a Registered Nurse
- Associate's Degree in Nursing required. BSN preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years clinical practice in the clinical
specialty of assigned unit preferred.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) Certification
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced
Cardiac Life Support Course (ACLS) Certification
- CCRN certification preferred. This role requires you to be
fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal
law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved).HCA Healthcare's Alaska Regional Hospital is known for
our expertise, compassion and skills. We are committed to
delivering patient-centered care to every patient on every visit
for our 250 plus bed facility. Year after year, Alaska Regional
receives 5-star ratings for heart attack treatment, bowel
obstruction treatment, and colorectal surgery.
Based in Anchorage, Alaska Regional is located in a thriving
community offering plenty of opportunities to capitalize on the
Alaskan lifestyle. Alaska offers some of the most incredible scenic
beauty around the world which draws visitors year-round who come
for a vacation and end up making Alaska home.
We are part of the HCA Healthcare network - which includes more
than 300 affiliate facilities across the country - offering our
colleagues the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA
Healthcare and Alaska Regional are inspired by our mission to care
for and improve human life to create a positive impact in our
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses. "There is so much good to do in the
world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist,
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder Be a part of an organization that
leverages our size to make a real impact in our industry! Our
Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Charge RN
Cardiovascular Stepdown Unit opening. Submit your application today
and help advance the practice of nursing.We are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Anchorage , Charge RN Cardiovascular Stepdown Unit, Healthcare , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!