Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Description IntroductionAre you looking for a place to deliver
excellent care patients deserve? At Alaska Regional Hospital we
support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an)
RN NICU and access programs to assist with every stage of your
career.BenefitsAlaska Regional Hospital offers a total rewards
package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of
our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses
throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of
nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a
majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research
College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational
facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and
more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today
for our RN NICU opening and continue to learn!Job Summary and
QualificationsAs a highly-skilled compassionate NICU Nurse you will
deliver exceptional patient care to our most vulnerable patients,
premature and sick newborns. In addition to providing
around-the-clock care to these patients, NICU RNs offer support to
the parents, with a focus on emotional encouragement and education.
Our team supports each other like family and we are looking for
someone who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. In this
- You will perform life-sustaining care for newborns in need and
possess the ability to assess neonate at delivery and perform
neonatal resuscitation if necessary.
- You will administer medications, monitor vital signs, and
provide vital nutrients to newborns.
- You will keep, maintain and update records of the patients care
to ensure that infants are breathing and maturing properly.
- You will work closely with department leadership and physicians
to coordinate treatment plans and examinations.
- You will educate parents on day-to-day operations/goals,
treatment plans and at home care procedures.
- You will act in a composed and professional manner, especially
under pressure.What qualifications you will need:
- Current State of Alaska or Compact Registered Nurse
- Associate Degree.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
- S.T.A.B.L.E. Preferred.
- Current Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) certification
- One or more years of recent NICU experience preferred.This role
requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local,
state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or
religious exemption is approved).HCA Healthcare'sis known for our
expertise, compassion and skills. We are committed to delivering
patient-centered care to every patient on every visit for our 250
plus bed facility. Year after year, Alaska Regional receives 5-star
ratings for heart attack treatment, bowel obstruction treatment,
and colorectal surgery.Based in Anchorage, Alaska Regional is
located in a thriving community offering plenty of opportunities to
capitalize on the Alaskan lifestyle. Alaska offers some of the most
incredible scenic beauty around the world which draws visitors
year-round who come for a vacation and end up making Alaska home.
We are part of the HCA Healthcare network - which includes more
than 300 affiliate facilities across the country - offering our
colleagues the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA
Healthcare and Alaska Regional are inspired by our mission to care
for and improve human life to create a positive impact in our
community. HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's
Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten
times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7
billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good
people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-FounderIf growth and continued learning is
important to you, we encourage you to apply for our RN NICU
opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly
qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the
possibilities apply today!We are an equal opportunity employer and
value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis
of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Anchorage , RN NICU, Healthcare , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!