RN Recovery Room PRN
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you have the PRN career opportunities
as a(an) RN Recovery Room PRN you want with your current employer?
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Alaska Regional
Hospital which is part of the nation's leading provider of
healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.BenefitsAlaska Regional
Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health,
life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans
and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want
to work as a(an) RN Recovery Room PRN where your passion for
creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are
dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be
your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job
Summary and QualificationsAs a Registered Nurse in the PACU/
Recovery you will provide excellent patient care to individuals
following operative and invasive procedures. Our team works hard to
support each other, we are looking for an amazing nurse who feels
patient care is as meaningful as we do. In this role:
- You will be able to perform general nursing duties and be
competent in all post-operative procedures as verified by specific
- You will demonstrate the ability to facilitate smooth and
efficient room turnover and patient flow.
- You will complete all paperwork and computer charting to ensure
accurate and timely charting.
- You will provide appropriate management of pain under the
direction of the anesthesiologist and documents changes and
reassessment using the pain scale.
- You will work with the family to inform them of progress of the
patient, delays in transfer to the unit, etc.
- You will facilitate communications between other departments as
needed and prepare patients for transfer of care. .
- You will follow through on reporting problems and ensure proper
use of the chain of command as a patient advocate, maintaining
communication regarding any changes in the patient condition.
- You will act in a composed and professional manner, especially
What qualifications you will need:
- Current State of Alaska Registered Nurse License.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing required. BSN preferred.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life
Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Pediatric
Advanced Life Support (PALS) Course and Certification
- One or more years of PACU or critical Care experience
- CPAN Certification preferred This role requires you to be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law
or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved).HCA Healthcare's Alaska Regional Hospital is known for
our expertise, compassion and skills. We are committed to
delivering patient-centered care to every patient on every visit
for our 250 plus bed facility. Year after year, Alaska Regional
receives 5-star ratings for heart attack treatment, bowel
obstruction treatment, and colorectal surgery.
Based in Anchorage, Alaska Regional is located in a thriving
community offering plenty of opportunities to capitalize on the
Alaskan lifestyle. Alaska offers some of the most incredible scenic
beauty around the world which draws visitors year-round who come
for a vacation and end up making Alaska home.
We are part of the HCA Healthcare network - which includes more
than 300 affiliate facilities across the country - offering our
colleagues the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA
Healthcare and Alaska Regional are inspired by our mission to care
for and improve human life to create a positive impact in our
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses. "Bricks and mortar do not make a
hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If you are looking for an opportunity
that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to
apply for our RN Recovery Room PRN opening. We review all
applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for
interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!We are an
equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Anchorage , RN Recovery Room PRN, Healthcare , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!