Physician / Alaska / Locum or Permanent / Health Educator WIC / Tobacco Job
Company: Radius Staffing Solutions
Posted on: January 24, 2023
A small Alaskan fishing community is looking for a Health
Educator to be responsible for providing support to the WIC Program
and Tobacco Cessation and Prevention Program. Responsibilities
include processing WIC applications, providing education to the
community and surrounding native tribes, promoting tobacco
prevention and cessation efforts focusing on pregnant women and
families with children living in the household to decrease
secondhand smoke exposure. Qualifications Desired:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Prior WIC Program experience or experience in a related
- Certified as a WIC technician (CPA).
- Must possess cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity to
traditional Alaska Native values.
- Must be a self-starter with good organizational
- Must be willing to complete the Tobacco Treatment Specialist
training within one year of hire or at the first opportunity the
training is offered, whichever comes first.
- Must be tobacco free. Must possess cross-cultural awareness and
sensitivity to growth and development over the life span
(pediatric/adult/geriatric) of patients/clients and possess the
ability to evaluate patient's/client's condition, interpret patient
information, identify patient's needs and provide appropriate
age-specific care according to established policies and
Keywords: Radius Staffing Solutions, Anchorage , Physician / Alaska / Locum or Permanent / Health Educator WIC / Tobacco Job, Healthcare , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!