Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Description IntroductionAre you passionate about the patient
experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for
patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family!
Jump-start your career as a(an) Respiratory Therapist today with
Alaska Regional Hospital.BenefitsAlaska Regional Hospital, offers a
total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and
retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Respiratory Therapist. We care for our
community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues
donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply
Today!Job Summary and QualificationsAs a Registered Respiratory
Therapist you will be an important part ofa collaborative
respiratory team that values extraordinary patient care and
dedication to one another.In this role, under the direction of
physicians and the Respiratory Director:
- You will assess patients and recommend care plans and treatment
- You will implement and maintain BiPAP/CPAP, pressure
control/high frequency jet ventilation, and mechanical ventilation
for patients as directed.
- You will maintain patient airways by suctioning, positioning,
securing endotracheal and tracheostomy tubes, changing tracheostomy
tubes, and intubating in designated circumstances.
- You will obtain blood from arterial and pulmonary artery
catheters and by arteriotomy.
- You will provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation and emergency
care to unstable patients when needed.
- You will provide education to students, new therapists, and
other personnel as appropriate.
- You will give excellent care to our neonate, infant, pediatric,
adult, and geriatric patients.What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of Respiratory Care program accredited by the
Committee on Accreditation of Respiratory Care Education
- Maintain 10 hours of continuing education per year.
- Registry eligible or registered by the NBRC preferred.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life
Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification within 6 months of
hire and NRP if core NICU.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Pediatric
Advanced Life Support (PALS) Course and Certification within 6
months of hire.
- Critical Care experience preferred. ACLS/NRP for adult/neonatal
clinicians respectively within six months of hire.This role
requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local,
state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or
religious exemption is approved).HCA Healthcare's Alaska Regional
Hospital is known for our expertise, compassion and skills. We are
committed to delivering patient-centered care to every patient on
every visit for our 250 plus bed facility. Year after year, Alaska
Regional receives 5-star ratings for heart attack treatment, bowel
obstruction treatment, and colorectal surgery.
Based in Anchorage, Alaska Regional is located in a thriving
community offering plenty of opportunities to capitalize on the
Alaskan lifestyle. Alaska offers some of the most incredible scenic
beauty around the world which draws visitors year-round who come
for a vacation and end up making Alaska home.
We are part of the HCA Healthcare network - which includes more
than 300 affiliate facilities across the country - offering our
colleagues the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA
Healthcare and Alaska Regional are inspired by our mission to care
for and improve human life to create a positive impact in our
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses. "The great hospitals will always put
the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great
institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity
for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If you are looking for an opportunity
that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to
apply for our Respiratory Therapist opening. We promptly review all
applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for
interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!We are an
equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Anchorage , Respiratory Therapist, Healthcare , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!