Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Description IntroductionLast year our HCA Healthcare colleagues
invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As
a(an) Surgical Technician with Alaska Regional Hospital you can be
a part of an organization that is devoted to giving
back!BenefitsAlaska Regional Hospital, offers a total rewards
package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of
our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare
provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues?
Join the Alaska Regional Hospital family! We will give you the
tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are
looking for an enthusiastic Surgical Technician to help us reach
our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary and Qualifications
- As a Surgical Technician in the Operating Room you will deliver
high quality, patient centered care as you assist staff during
operative and invasive procedures. You will ensure the operating
room is adequately prepared for procedures and act as a preceptor
for other techs as needed. Our team supports each other like family
and we are looking for someone who feels patient care is as
meaningful as we do. In this role:
- You will be competent in the knowledge, skills and abilities to
fulfill the scrub technician activities in the operating room as
defined by AORN standards.
- You will work with Housekeeping and Central Processing staff to
clean the Operating Rooms and equipment between patients following
facility policies and procedures.
- You will participate in safety initiates to ensure correct
surgery inpatient identification, and verification of the procedure
to be performed within the OR when the patient is present and prior
to the surgical prep.
- You will rely on previous experience to anticipate and meet the
needs of the surgeon.
- You will count all sponges, needles and instruments with the
circulating RN on all surgical procedures done in the Operating
Room following facility policies and procedures. In the event a
sponge/needle count is incorrect, the circulating RN will inform
the attending surgeon and the Anesthesiologist and a course of
action will be determined and the action will be documented on the
Operating Room Record as defined by facility policies and
- You will follow patient and employee safety/security policies
and protocols, including hand hygiene, use of universal
precautions, use of personal protective equipment, and adherence to
- You will consistently assist the patient care team with
maintaining a clean, well- stocked/organized, and safe patient care
What qualifications you will need:
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification.
- Surgical Technologist Certificate preferred (CST) or
- Completion of surgical technologist course or comparable
- 1 - 3 Years Previous OR Tech Experience Required. This role
requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local,
state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or
religious exemption is approved).HCA Healthcare's Alaska Regional
Hospital is known for our expertise, compassion and skills. We are
committed to delivering patient-centered care to every patient on
every visit for our 250 plus bed facility. Year after year, Alaska
Regional receives 5-star ratings for heart attack treatment, bowel
obstruction treatment, and colorectal surgery.
Based in Anchorage, Alaska Regional is located in a thriving
community offering plenty of opportunities to capitalize on the
Alaskan lifestyle. Alaska offers some of the most incredible scenic
beauty around the world which draws visitors year-round who come
for a vacation and end up making Alaska home.
We are part of the HCA Healthcare network - which includes more
than 300 affiliate facilities across the country - offering our
colleagues the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA
Healthcare and Alaska Regional are inspired by our mission to care
for and improve human life to create a positive impact in our
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses. "There is so much good to do in the
world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist,
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder Be a part of an organization that invests
in you! We are reviewing applications for our Surgical Technician
opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient
care!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Anchorage , Surgical Technician, Healthcare , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!