Posted on: August 5, 2022
Psychiatric-Mental Health opening in Anchorage, Alaska. This and
other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe
A hospital in Alaska is seeking a Psychiatry Physician to provide
quality patient care for a Locum Tenens assignment.
• Dates: Immediate for 3+ months plus of locums coverage
• Schedule: Monday-Friday
• 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (1 hour lunch)
• Setting: Inpatient
• Call: Must be willing to take call once during the week and an
average of 1 weekend/month - average call is 5 times per on-call
• Volume: 12 - 13 patients per day- average stay is 10 days
• Patient Ages: 18+
• Procedures: Acute Care and forensic cases
• Cases: - Acute care - all types. All civil commitments some
forensic (court is held here at API 3x week for civil
- Will need to be comfortable prescribing any medicine over the
phone to a pharmacist (while on-call)
- Candidate will not be called into facility once they are home.
Admissions can be done the next day by the same person
or if it is a weekend, whoever is on-call.
- Admissions are scheduled and take place during the bulk of the
day. Any late admissions are rare.
• Support Staff: Nurses, psychiatric nursing assistants,
psychology, rehab (we are currently out of psychology staff, but
trying to replenish the supply)- support staff is spread thin. Very
short on Social Workers
• EMR/Charting: 85% electronic (Meditech) some hand written
• Boards: Board Certified; Board Eligible
• Certifications: BLS; DEA
• Fast credentialing; less than 1 hour from a coastal beach; long
We take care of your malpractice insurance and pay on a weekly
Job ID: JN -
Keyphrases: psychiatry jobs, psychiatrist jobs, psychologist jobs,
psychiatric nurse practitioner jobs
Keywords: Curative, Anchorage , Psychiatry Physician, Healthcare , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!