Certified Medical Assistant
Company: Kenaitze Indian Tribe
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionCertified Medical AssistantDept./Program: Primary
CareDivision: Health SystemsReports To: Primary Care
DirectorEmployment Status: Full TimeFLSA Status:
Non-ExemptSchedule: 40 hours/weekPreference: TERO Ordinance
2017-01, P.L. 93-638Job SummaryThe role of the Certified Medical
Assistants (CMAs) is to support the physician or healthcare
practitioner by keeping the practice running smoothly and on
schedule. This position works closely with healthcare providers to
give support such as rooming patients (un'inas), assist with
procedures, update and administer immunizations, assist with
dispensing of prescriptions, answering phones, data entry,
participate in training processes, and run simple laboratory tests.
CMAs will also administer un'ina blood draws and injections when
directed by providers or nurses.Essential Functions
- Performs basic medical and clerical procedures before and after
examination including taking of vital signs, medical history
update, specimen collection, point-of-care testing, recording of
EKG's, dressing changes, medication administration, assisting with
procedures, acting as chaperone during un'ina visits, faxing and
assistance in dispensing prescriptions under the direction of
pharmacist, and documentation of care in wellness record.
- Prepare, administer, and document immunizations or other
- Provide un'ina education.
- Set-up procedure trays.
- Perform vision testing, snellen and color.
- Perform eye and ear irrigations.
- EKG preparations, hook-up, and run EKG.
- AFGAN monitor set-up.
- Oxygen tank set-up.
- Coordinate and educate un'ina on home sleep study
- Assists and coordinates utilization of immunization registry
database including data entry, assuring database is kept up to
date, identifying un'inas overdue for immunizations.
- Proactively contacts un'inas for follow-up as directed by
- In collaboration with integrated care team, refer un'inas to
- Attend staff meetings for information sharing, continuing
education activities, and participate in continuous improvement
efforts as required. It is the intent of this job description to
highlight the essential functions of the position; however, it is
not an all-inclusive list. The incumbent may be called upon and
required to follow or perform other duties and tasks requested by
his/her supervisor, consistent with the purpose of the position,
department and/or the Kenaitze Indian Tribe's objectives.Working
ConditionsLifting RequirementsHeavy work Exerting up to 100 pounds
of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently,
and /or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move
objects.Physical RequirementsStand or Sit (Stationary position)Walk
(Move, Traverse)Use hands/fingers to handle or feel (Operate,
Activate, Use, Prepare, Inspect, Place, Detect, Position)Climb
(stairs/ladders) or balance (Ascend/Descend, Work atop,
Traverse)Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl (Position self (to),
Move)Talk/hear (Communicate, Detect, Converse with, Discern,
Convey, Express oneself, Exchange information)See (Detect,
Determine, Perceive, Identify, Recognize, Judge, Observe, Inspect,
Estimate, Assess)Taste/Smell (Detect, Distinguish,
Determine)Pushing or PullingRepetitive MotionHazards and
Atmospheric ConditionsExposure to FumesNoiseMechanical
HazardsChemical HazardsElectrical HazardsBurn HazardsBiohazardsOSHA
CategoriesCategory I Duties performed routinely require exposure to
blood, body fluid and tissueEquipment and ToolsList Equipment used
for job: Stethoscope, thermometer, pulse oximetry,
sphygmomanometer, computer, telephone, weight scale, and EKG
machine.TravelTravel may be required for
- High School Graduate or GED equivalent.Experience
- One year as a Certified Medical Assistant working in a family
- Current Medical Assistant Certification required.
- BCLS (Basic Cardiac Life Support for Healthcare Providers)
required or within three months of hire.Special Skills
- Experience with electronic health records (Preferred).
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor under pressure.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and attitude.
- Familiar with clinical, behavioral, and wellness screening
- Experience working with Native Americans preferred.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Kenaitze Indian Tribe, Anchorage , Certified Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Kenai, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!