LPN - Home Health *Up to $5K Hiring Bonus*
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Description Providence is calling a LPN (Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to
Providence In Home Services in Anchorage, Alaska. We are a
community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to
provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially
those who are poor and vulnerable. This position will travel to see
patients in their homes in the Anchorage area. $5K Hiring Bonus for
eligible external candidates who meet all conditions for payment -
this is in addition to the fantastic benefits and compensation
package offered by Providence that begins on your first day of
employment. Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will
receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire
system. Additional advantages of a career with Providence Home
- working Monday through Friday regular business hours (with
occasional on-call requirements)
- flexibility with your schedule in your day
- working with a fantastic interdisciplinary team
- excitement of nursing tasks ranging from wound care to
education to catheter management and more
- Some of your patients will be very short term (no two days are
exactly the same!)
- Some of your patients are longer term, and you build trust and
rapport with them.
- helping the members of our community successfully stay at home-
where they want to be! In this position you will have the following
- Assists in assessment of physical, psychological and social
dimensions of patients, following verification of assessment
- Assists the RN in planning a formal written plan of care for
- Directly participates in implementation of the plan of care.
Functions within the limits of the Practical Nurse Law, and Home
Health nursing policies and procedures.
- Assists in evaluation of nursing care; questions and clarifies
any procedures, treatments, medications that may not be appropriate
for the patients physical/mental status at that time.
- The Licensed Practical Nurse may administer medications via all
routes with the following requirements related to intravenous
medication administration. Intravenous medication may be
administered by an LPN if they are certified in that skill and on a
case by case basis under the supervision of an RN. Defers/reports
nursing issues outside their realm to the RN Case Manager or
- Performs treatments, or assists in treatments and procedures,
following verification of skills via the skills checklist.
- Performs specialized procedures under the direction of the RN.
Examples of nursing treatments that require substantial specialized
nursing skills include: Injections, catheterizations, irrigation
(bladder stoma, wound), wound care, suture removal, diabetic
teaching, preventative health measures and education.
- Documents observations and information according to prescribed
Home Health policies and procedures. Prepares clinical and progress
notes within the specified time frame.
- Keeps RN Case Manager and/or Clinical Manager informed
regarding changing status/condition of patients and/or other
pertinent observations. Communicates with interdisciplinary team
regarding changing status/condition and/or observations.
- Promotes and practices patient/family, personal and
environmental safety while performing job duties according to
agency policies and procedures.
- Assists in assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation
of patients and family educational needs. Provides
instructions/assistance in learning appropriate self care
techniques and advocates use of appropriate community
- Participates in Discharge Planning.
- Participates in in-services for self-enrichment to maintain a
high quality of nursing practice, and seek further growth through
other educational opportunities. Required qualifications for this
- Education sufficient for licensure.
- Current license as a Practical Nurse in the state of Alaska
- Current Alaska State Driver's license, and access to daily use
of an insured, reliable vehicle, required.
- Current Healthcare Provider CPR certification required.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 1 year Recent hospital, nursing home or home health
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills About the Home
Health Program Providence Home Health is proud to be the oldest and
largest home health in the state. We've built a reputation for high
quality care and positive relationships with both our clients and
their doctors. At Providence, it's our people who make the
difference. In addition to our staff's knowledge, experience and
professionalism, it's perhaps our friendly, caring manner you'll
appreciate most. We love working with people - and it shows in the
quality of care and attention you'll receive. We offer a full
comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
Providence At Providence, our strength lies in Our Promise of "Know
me, care for me, ease my way." Working at our family of
organizations means that regardless of your role, we'll walk
alongside you in your career, supporting you so you can support
others. We provide best-in-class benefits and we foster an
inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, and everyone is
essential, heard and respected. Together, our 120,000 caregivers
(all employees) serve in over 50 hospitals, over 1,000 clinics and
a full range of health and social services across Alaska,
California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. As a
comprehensive health care organization, we are serving more people,
advancing best practices and continuing our more than 100-year
tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Requsition ID:
P359390 Company: Providence Jobs Job Category: Nursing-Patient
Facing Job Function: Nursing Schedule: Full time Shift: Day Career
Track: Nursing Department: 1008 AK PHS HHCS Address: AK Anchorage
4001 Dale St Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age,
creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual
orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other
basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Anchorage , LPN - Home Health *Up to $5K Hiring Bonus*, Healthcare , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!