Medical Assistant I - ACC Physicians
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Providence is calling a Medical Assistant I (ACC Physicians , Day
Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Physician Service Organization in
Anchorage, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering
every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is
accessible for all - especially those who are poor and
In this position you will:
- Perform all duties and passed competency testing/evaluation as
required for a Medical Assistant I.
- Ability to perform all front and back office skills as
appropriate to role and certification. (ex: vital signs, set
up/assist with minor procedures, EKG, blood pressure, point of care
testing, patient authorizations, scheduling, etc.)
- Perform increasingly advanced procedures with validated
- Provide accurate, complete, legible and timely documentation of
all procedures performed in the patient's medical record.
- Follow correct procedures for handling and disposing of
bio-hazardous, infectious, and pharmaceutical waste.
- According to organizational standards, prepare, clean and
sterilize, and/or reprocess, instruments (auto-claving) and
maintain equipment with validated competencies.
- Anticipate and proactively plan for practitioner and patient
- Demonstrate a commitment to education and sharing of knowledge.
Assists in orientation of new team members and serves as a role
model of best practices to others.
- Provide open and timely communication and information to
patients, families, and practitioners (as appropriate).
- Provide MA administrative and clinical support required to
deliver quality patient care via a telehealth or virtual visit
platform as an extension of in-clinic services and patient care
- Consistently meet skill based competency expectations
established for the organization.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization and
serve as an ambassador for the organization when interfacing with
anyone outside the organization.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- H.S. Diploma or GED and graduate of accredited school for
medical assistants, or an equivalent combination of coursework,
experience/training to qualify to sit for a National Certification
- 6 months healthcare experience
- 6 months Medical Assistant experience
- Upon hire (AK, MT, OR, TX, NM): National
certification/registration by AMCA, AAMA, AMT, NHA, NCCT, or NAHP
as a Medical Assistant.
- Upon hire: Current BLS - Must be AHA accredited
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is a group of primary care, specialty care
and hospital-based medical providers who serve Alaska in many
locations. Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive
health care experience for each patient - one focused on trust,
respect, communication and teamwork.
At Providence, our strength lies in Our Promise of "Know me, care
for me, ease my way." Working at our family of organizations means
that regardless of your role, we'll walk alongside you in your
career, supporting you so you can support others. We provide
best-in-class benefits and we foster an inclusive workplace where
diversity is valued, and everyone is essential, heard and
respected. Together, our 120,000 caregivers (all employees) serve
in over 50 hospitals, over 1,000 clinics and a full range of health
and social services across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico,
Oregon, Texas and Washington. As a comprehensive health care
organization, we are serving more people, advancing best practices
and continuing our more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor
Requsition ID: P346600
Company: Providence Jobs
Job Category: Patient Care (Non-Acute)
Job Function: Clinical Care
Schedule: Full time
Career Track: Clinical Support
Department: 1014 AK PMG PALLIATIVE CARE
Address: AK Anchorage 3200 Providence Dr
Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender,
disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed,
national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation,
marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited
by local, state, or federal law.
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Anchorage , Medical Assistant I - ACC Physicians, Healthcare , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!