RN Cardiovascular Step Down Unit
Company: Alaska Regional Hospital
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Description IntroductionAre you looking for a place to deliver
excellent care patients deserve? At Alaska Regional Hospital we
support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an)
RN Cardiovascular Step Down Unit and access programs to assist with
every stage of your career.BenefitsAlaska Regional Hospital offers
a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and
retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses
throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of
nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a
majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research
College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational
facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and
more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today
for our RN Cardiovascular Step Down Unit opening and continue to
learn!Job Summary and QualificationsSCHEDULE: This is a part-time
position working a mid day shift 4 - 5 days per week. Schedule can
be Monday - Friday (4 hours per day) or Tuesday - Friday (5 hours
per day) between the hours of 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM.
As a highly-skilled and compassionate Registered Nurse in the CVSU
Unit you will provide the best possible preventative, supportive,
and nursing care to each patient receiving care after having a
cardiovascular surgical procedure. You will work to provide
patients with an individualized care plan through assessment and
planning. Our team supports each other like family and we are
looking for someone who feels patient care is as meaningful as we
do. In this role:
- You will provide assessment and planning for individualized
- You will respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition
or response to treatment.
- You will provide care for the patient in collaboration with the
patient/family, with regard to developmental, cultural and age
specific differences, develops and implements patient care plans to
include problems, goals, evaluations and interventions.
- You will communicate effectively with physicians regarding
patient s clinical condition and results of diagnostic
- You will perform nursing duties as needed in the continuum of
care for all patients.
- You will participate in process improvement efforts and
activities for the department.
- You will work collaboratively with Social Service and Pastoral
care to support and provide families emotional and end of life
resources such as Hospice to facilitate a dignified end.
- You will act in a composed and professional manner, especially
under pressure.What qualifications you will need:
- Current State of Alaska Registered Nurse License.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification.
- Associates Degree in Nursing required. BSN is preferred.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life
Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification
- Previous critical Care experience strongly preferred. This role
requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local,
state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or
religious exemption is approved).HCA Healthcare s is known for our
expertise, compassion and skills. We are committed to delivering
patient-centered care to every patient on every visit for our 250
plus bed facility. Year after year, Alaska Regional receives 5-star
ratings for heart attack treatment, bowel obstruction treatment,
and colorectal surgery.Based in Anchorage, Alaska Regional is
located in a thriving community offering plenty of opportunities to
capitalize on the Alaskan lifestyle. Alaska offers some of the most
incredible scenic beauty around the world which draws visitors
year-round who come for a vacation and end up making Alaska home.
We are part of the HCA Healthcare network - which includes more
than 300 affiliate facilities across the country offering our
colleagues the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA
Healthcare and Alaska Regional are inspired by our mission to care
for and improve human life to create a positive impact in our
community. HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World s
Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten
times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7
billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses. "Good people beget
good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If growth and continued learning is
important to you, we encourage you to apply for our RN
Cardiovascular Step Down Unit opening. Our team will promptly
review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be
contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!We
are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status. Associated topics:
asn, cardiothoracic, care, coronary, infusion, intensive care unit,
neonatal, nurse, psychiatric, surgical
Keywords: Alaska Regional Hospital, Anchorage , RN Cardiovascular Step Down Unit, Healthcare , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!