Registered Nurse - Imaging Center
Company: Alaska Heart and Vascular Institute
Posted on: June 25, 2022
JOB TITLE: Imaging Center Registered NurseDEPARTMENT:
ImagingGENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Provides professional nursing
care for Imaging Center patients following established standards
and practices.SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to Imaging Services
ManagerSUPERVISION EXERCISED: NoneTYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting
patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds.
Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range with
reasonable accommodations. Requires working under stressful
conditions or working irregular hours. Requires exposure to
communicable diseases or bodily fluids.TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances,
ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions
common to a clinic environment.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:1. Performs
general nursing care to patients. Administers prescribed
medications and treatments in accordance with nursing standards.2.
Prepares equipment and aids physician during treatment, examination
and testing of patients.
- Observes, records and reports patient's condition and reaction
to drugs and treatments to physicians.
- Oversees appointment bookings and ensures priority is given to
patients in emergency situations. Maintains timely flow of
- Greets patients and prepares them for physician examination.
Screens patients for appropriate information. .
- Arranges for patient testing and admissions.
- Respond to incoming telephone calls within 24 hours.
- Educate patient and family regarding medications & procedures,
and document accordingly.
- Maintains and reviews patient records, charts and other
pertinent information. Charts test results, phone calls, & patient
education in accordance with nursing standards.
- Maintains exam rooms for necessary supplies and materials.
Ensures cleanliness. Prepares list of medical supplies needed.
- Participates in orientation and training programs
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as
- Participates in professional development activities and
maintains professional affiliations.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Refill medications according to AHI's policy & procedures17.
After appropriate training, will actively participate in the
following clinic testing:
- Cardiac CT Scanning and/or cardiac CT Angiograms
- Stress tests
- Bubble studies
- Dobutamine stress echosPERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS:Knowledge,
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory and practice to give
and evaluate patient care.
- Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations and
procedures to administer patient care.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish
a safe work environment.
- Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and
techniques of professional nursing to provide ongoing patient
- Skill in identifying problems and recommending solutions.
- Skill in preparing and maintaining records, writing reports and
responding to correspondence.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working
relationships with patients, medical staff and the public.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task; perform tasks within time
- Demonstrate schedule flexibility; adjust to shifting
priorities; stay organized in a changing environment; stay focused
during stressful or difficult situations; exhibit comfort with
ambiguity.Education:Minimum: Graduate of an accredited school of
nursing.Experience:Required: Two years of Nursing experience.
Experience in critical care, emergency nursing, cardiovascular
nursing, interventional radiology and/or electrophysiology a
plus.Certificate/License: Possession of a current Alaska State
Registered Nurse license, current CPR certification, and current
ACLS certification required.INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION
REQUIREMENTS:Commitment to the Alaska Heart and Vascular Institute
LLC standard for interaction with patients, visitors, physician
offices, hospitals or agencies and coworkers is required. Employees
of Alaska Heart Institute LLC will maintain a consistent standard
of interaction with others as follows:
- Demonstrates a professional, helpful and friendly attitude,
which is directed toward and focused on providing quality patient
care and satisfaction in a cooperative manner.
- Maintains a professional and pleasant demeanor and appearance,
which is reflective of a positive representation of the Alaska
Heart Institute, LLC.#LI-MR1
Keywords: Alaska Heart and Vascular Institute, Anchorage , Registered Nurse - Imaging Center, Healthcare , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!