Registered Nurse - Labor and Delivery
Company: Alaska Regional Hospital
Posted on: May 16, 2022
DescriptionIntroductionDo you have the career opportunities as
a(an) Registered Nurse you want in your current role? We invest in
what matters most to nurses like you - at home, at work, and at
every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you
to join Alaska Regional Hospital which is a part of the nation's
leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.BenefitsWe
are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At
Alaska Regional Hospital, our benefits package offers eligible
colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical,
wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health
Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!Learn more about Employee
BenefitsDo you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at
the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of
human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to
have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory
councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn
from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our
Nurses at Alaska Regional Hospital!Job Summary and QualificationsAs
a highly-skilled and compassionate Labor & Delivery Nurse you will
provide direct patient care to patients in the Labor & Delivery
setting. You will strive to provide patients with an individualized
care plan through assessment and planning. Our team supports each
other like family and we are looking for someone who feels patient
care is as meaningful as we do. In this role:
- You will welcome each perinatal patient to the L&D Unit and
promote a feeling of security in the care they will receive, to
assure them that you are confident and capable of caring for their
needs and their baby's wellbeing.
- You will demonstrate clinical expertise in antepartum,
intrapartum and postpartum care.
- You will respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition
or response to treatment.
- You will communicate effectively with physicians regarding
patient's clinical condition including: fetal monitoring and
results of diagnostic studies.
- You will perform nursing duties as needed in the continuum of
care for all areas of Maternal Child health.
- You will participate in process improvement efforts and
activities for the department.
- You will act in a composed and professional manner, especially
- Current State of Alaska Registered Nurse License.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification within 7 days of
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life
Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification.Must obtain within
90 days of hire and maintain certification
- S.T.A.B.L.E. certification - preferred not required.
- Current Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) and Fetal Monitoring
certification preferred.Must obtain NRP certification within 90
days from date of hire and then maintain certification.
- One or more years of Labor and Delivery experience strongly
preferred.HCA Healthcare's Alaska Regional Hospital is known for
our expertise, compassion and skills. We are committed to
delivering patient-centered care to every patient on every visit
for our 250 plus bed facility. Year after year, Alaska Regional
receives 5-star ratings for heart attack treatment, bowel
obstruction treatment, and colorectal surgery.Based in Anchorage,
Alaska Regional is located in a thriving community offering plenty
of opportunities to capitalize on the Alaskan lifestyle. Alaska
offers some of the most incredible scenic beauty around the world
which draws visitors year-round who come for a vacation and end up
making Alaska home.We are part of the HCA Healthcare network -
which includes more than 300 affiliate facilities across the
country - offering our colleagues the opportunity for travel and
relocation. HCA Healthcare and Alaska Regional are inspired by our
mission to care for and improve human life to create a positive
impact in our community.HCA Healthcare has been named one of the
World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a
decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7
billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Bricks and mortar do
not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-FounderIf this opportunity is your next step in
your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Registered
Nurse opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates
will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing
apply today!We are an equal opportunity employer and value
diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Alaska Regional Hospital, Anchorage , Registered Nurse - Labor and Delivery, Healthcare , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!