Family Practice Physician
Company: Southcentral Foundation
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Southcentral Foundation is the largest Alaska Native owned
healthcare system in the state. Our award-winning model of care is
based on our belief that the journey to wellness is responsibility
shared between patient and provider.
Why work for Southcentral Foundation?
Our benefits are designed around your health and wellness. We offer
one hour per week of paid wellness leave, on-site fitness and
daycare facilities, competitive salary packages, and much more!
Our clinical team environment is one of the most robust in the
country. Our data-driven, non RVU approach means that compensation
is salary-based: encouraging a practice focused on wellness, not
Our integrated and accessible approach to care makes your job
easier. Our clinics coordinate patient care with integrated care
teams that have access to specialties in multiple disciplines.
Southcentral Foundation Primary Care
- Work Monday through Friday, one evening a week and an
- No call
- No RVU's
- No insurance constraints on patients
- Patient panels of approximately 1200
- NUKA Model of Care -work on team with a full-time RN Case
Manager and Certified Medical Assistant and Case Management Support
- PA's, NP's cover for your panel of patient when you are out of
the office or on vacation
- Integrated into system: health educators, nutritionists, social
workers, OB/GYN's, Certified Nurse Midwives, Pediatricians,
Internists, pharmacists, home health, Psychiatrists, behaviorists,
and many other medical specialties
- Integrated model includes complementary health providers, easy
access to specialists
- 75th to 95th percentile in most HEDIS measures
- Electronic health care records (CERNER)
- Paperwork, billing, and administrative hassles are processed by
- Unique retention bonus program
- Sign on bonus
- Relocation assistance
- Enhanced leave program
- One hour per week of paid wellness leave
- Benefits include appx. 5.2 - 6.5 weeks of leave, an additional
week of paid CME (+ a stipend towards CME), plus 12 paid
- Full insurance coverage - malpractice coverage, health, life,
short- and long-term disability - and subsidized health insurance
- Employer match 401K retirement fund, and we will reimburse your
AK state medical license fee.
- New, modern, innovative facilities, computers, and other state
of the art equipment
- Innovative practice system featured on front page of New York
Times, JAMA, BMJ and others. Clinical quality improvement team.
Practice management data monthly. - We currently employ 18 Family
Physicians, 18 pediatricians, 18 OB/GYN's and 7 Psychiatrists and
our clinics are growing!
Alaska is known as the land of the midnight sun as we bask in 19.5
hours of daylight on summer solstice.
Our summer temperatures reach into the mid to upper 70's and the
landscape transforms into green trees and flower blossoms. On
winter solstice, we enjoy beautiful sunrises and sunsets over
beautiful snowcapped mountains and darkness brings the possibility
of breathtaking displays of the northern lights Hundreds of
kilometers of groomed, interconnected cross country ski trails in
town are lit at night, by artificial light and the incredible
moonlight reflecting off of the snow and these trails are perfect
for running and biking in the summer.
Anchorage - city of 330,000, the largest city in Alaska
Fantastic restaurants, and a diverse music and arts community,
great public schools, good community, incredible outdoor activity
opportunities. Lots of cultural activities-a performing arts center
that hosts national and regional troops, the Anchorage Museum of
Natural History and the Alaska Native Heritage Center
Matanuska Valley -Wasilla Population, 8,365. Mat-Su Borough
Population, 96,074 ...largest growing area in Alaska, it has that
small-town feel, with larger city only 45 minutes away. Many of our
providers live in Eagle River AK, 25 minutes from the clinic, and
20 minutes from Anchorage, Wasilla is home of the Iditarod Sled Dog
race, numerous winter and summer recreational opportunities
including fishing, boating, snow machining, cross country skiing,
wildlife viewing, and sled dog racing. Wasilla embodies the
small-town values of family, community, and caring for neighbors.
The active population enjoys affordable land and housing,
unparalleled recreation, and a thriving economy, cost effective
housing and low tax structure.
Keywords: Southcentral Foundation, Anchorage , Family Practice Physician, Healthcare , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!