Occupational Therapist (On call) - Transitional Care
Posted on: November 17, 2021
Providence is calling an Occupational Therapist (Occupational
Therapy, Days, 0.0 FTE) to the Providence Transitional Care Center
in Anchorage, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering
every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is
accessible for all - especially those who are poor and
vulnerable.In this position you will:
- Assess, evaluate, and implement treatment according to
professional standards. Provides direction and guidance to others
as they follow through on the plan of care.
- Communicate with team members and outside agencies to identify
patient needs and overall condition of patient; anticipates future
levels of care.
- Document all aspects of care and outcomes in a manner that is
clear to others, and meets service standards. Plans for patient
discharge with attention given to home programs, equipment
arrangement, and patient/family education.
- Delegate appropriate patient activities to co-workers, O.T.
Assistants, and O.T. Aides using professional criteria. Gathers
feedback from team members.
- Exhibit clinical skills relevant to level of education and
training in respective specialty.
- Provide patient and family education in a variety of physical
- Demonstrate safe use and knowledge of equipment in their home
department.Qualifications:Required qualifications for this position
- Bachelor's Degree OR Master's Degree OR Ph.D. in Occupational
- Licensed to practice Occupational Therapy in the State of
- Current BLS certification from American Heart Association upon
hire or the ability to accomplish within 30 days of hire
required.Preferred qualification for this position include:
- 2 years experience in subspecialtyAbout the Transitional Care
NeighborhoodThe Transitional Care Unit has a total of 52 beds with
a variety of health rehabilitation issues (ages 20 and up). This is
an exciting, busy unit with constant change, many admits,
discharges.We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our
caregivers. For more information,
MissionAs expressions of God's healing love, witnessed through the
ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially
those who are poor and vulnerable.About UsProvidence is a
comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers,
health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services
continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and
vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age,
creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual
orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other
basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.Schedule: On
CallShift: DayJob Category: Occupational TherapyLocation:
Alaska-AnchorageReq ID: 318632
Keywords: Providence, Anchorage , Occupational Therapist (On call) - Transitional Care, Healthcare , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!