Surgical Technician Certified (FT) - Alaska Surgery Center
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Location: US-AK-Anchorage# of Openings: 1Category:
Technician/Clinical UnlicensedSystem ID: 11646
Surgical Care Affiliates is currently seeking a Certified Surgical
As part of our team the Certified Surgical Technician will prepare
the operating room, including the sterile field, setting up
surgical equipment, supplies and solutions. During surgery, the
certified surgical technician will pass instruments, fluids and
supplies to the surgeon and prepare and manage surgical
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically
partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems
across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA
operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory
surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with
approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to correlate clinical data with patient's care under
the direction of the Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Ability to provide direction to others that is clear, concise
and promotes efficiency throughout the clinical areas of the
- Ability to communicate well with patients, Teammates,
physicians, other members of the healthcare team, etc.
- Recognizes legal and policy limits of individual
- Delivers safe patient care as directed by the Registered Nurse
and according to facility policy and procedure.
- Ensures provision of patient care daily in an organized and
- Adheres to all policies and procedures when providing patient
- Demonstrates knowledge of specific responsibilities in all
- Demonstrates ability to respond to patient care needs in an
emergency situation and under direction of Clinical
- Initiates and implements basic cardiopulmonary resuscitation
(BCLS) under the direction of the Clinical Leader/Registered
- Demonstrates ability to meet patient's learning needs as
identified in the plan of care under the direction of the Clinical
- Orients the patient to the patient care environment and
facility routines as directed by Clinical Leader/Registered
- Assists the Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse to implement the
teaching plan for the patient as directed
- Assists the Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse to provide
appropriate interventions related to patient and environmental
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and competence of designated
skills identified for position.
- Completes competencies and competencies checklists for
education and training specific to job position, duties, role and
responsibilities and according to facility policy and
- Functions as a certified Surgical Technologist in the operating
room/ procedure room under the direction of the Registered
- Assists with gowning and gloving other members of the surgical
- Assists with the preparation of the operating room for surgical
- Assists with draping of patients.
- Assists with care, preparation, maintenance and after-care of
sterile and un-sterile supplies and equipment.
- Knows and practices the principles and procedures of sterile
- Handles specimens in accordance with facility policy and
- Removes drapes at end of procedure, cleanses the patients of
prep solution and applies dressing as needed.
- Cleans and/or disinfects instruments and equipment after use
and returns it to the proper area for storage or processing.
- Differentiates sterilization methods required for specific
instruments and equipment.
- Participates in sponge, instrument and needle count with the
- Demonstrates ability to understand and use sterilizers,
high-level disinfectors, instrument washers, and other designated
- Demonstrates ability to understand use, function,
interpretation, documentation, and record-keeping of chemical and
biological indicators related to instrument and equipment
high-level disinfection and sterilization processes.
- Demonstrates understanding of operating room/procedure room
technical equipment according to manufacturer's guidelines, policy
- Assists with stocking, replenishing and preparation of
- Updates knowledge in surgical techniques and related nursing
- Checks updated schedule every morning and prepares room
supplies and equipmentTeamwork/Accountability/Integrity:
- Utilizes time effectively.
- Follows established facility policies and procedures with
regard to attendance.
- Maintains attendance according to guidelines and policy
established by facility.
- Adheres to tardiness policy.
- Provides notification for unscheduled absences or tardiness in
accordance with established departmental procedures as noted by
- Requests scheduled time off according to procedure as noted by
- Completes all documentation to ensure the availability of
accurate and up to date information in accordance with established
- Adheres to established facility safety requirements and
procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
- Demonstrates competent usage of proper body mechanics in all
- Identifies potentially unsafe situations and notifies
- Completes all employee/patient incident documentation in a
thorough and timely manner, as required by facility policy.
- Demonstrates complete understanding of established emergency
procedures for department and surgery center.
- Practices infection control and standard precautions as
instructed or trained.Assists with housekeeping tasks as necessary
to provide a safe environment for patients, teammates, physicians,
- Maintains and evaluates own clinical expertise and clinical
- Attends 75% of unit based staff meetings and demonstrates
review of minutes for any meetings missed.
- Provides in-services as requested by management
- Participates in scheduled performance appraisals and
demonstrates dedication to ongoing performance improvement.
- Responsibly demonstrates the importance of continuing education
to the performance of facility responsibilities and growth in
- Maintains and displays appropriate knowledge of professional
developments through printed material or other sources.
- Attends professional training seminars when appropriate for job
development and shares information with other Teammates.
- Attends and participates in all applicable facility training
and development workshops scheduled by the facility
- Maintains work area and equipment in an organized and clean
- Maintains dress and appearance according to standards as
observed by management
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of job description, role, and
responsibilities through continuing education activities
- Maintains certification requirements and submits required
evidence of certification to facility management for teammate
- Strives to be professional, courteous, helpful and
- Performs all other duties as assigned by management.Compliance:
- Upholds and practices the principles and policies of the SCA
- Demonstrates competency in performing job task, role, and
responsibilities at least on an annual basis.
- Demonstrates the safe operation of equipment and machinery and
follows procedures for reporting and correcting an unsafe
- Communicates patient information to assure confidentiality and
continuity of care. Protects all patient information according to
established standards of care, policies and procedures
- Discusses patient information with other health team members in
an appropriate environment
- Interacts with all patients, visitors and fellow employees in a
mature, responsible manner to ensure a positive and professional
- Displays a caring and responsive attitude and conducts all
activities respecting patient, family and employee rights and
- Maintains confidentiality of all facility and patient
information as required by facility policy
- Fosters a positive and professional surgery center environment
by interacting with all persons in a considerate, helpful and
courteous manner and by participating as a team member
- Diffuses/resolves conflict by appropriately communicating with
- Accepts developmental and motivational feedback and gives
suggestions in a professional manner
- Considers age specific needs in caring for and communicating
with patients and family/guestsFinancial Skill:
- Completes appropriate financial management
- Provides input re: equipment needs/supply needs.
- Completes patient charges in accordance with facility
- Demonstrates sound cost containment techniques.
- Participates in periodic inventory count as assigned by
- Proficiency or Productivity StandardsProficiency or
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: Indoors in climate controlled
environment..... click apply for full job details
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Anchorage , Surgical Technician Certified (FT) - Alaska Surgery Center, Healthcare , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!