RN Charge - ICU
Company: Alaska Regional Hospital
Posted on: September 12, 2020
Description SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Our Mission- Above all else, we are committed to the careand
improvement of human life. For us, it's all about people. Here at
HCA, you will findthat caring extends to our patients, employees,
and the communities we serve.It is demonstrated by industry leading
patient satisfaction scores, definedpathways for your personal and
professional growth, and the impact of the over30,000 volunteer
hours we provide annually. Our dedication has led to awards
ofrecognition including being named a World s Most Admired Company
by FortuneMagazine. Are you looking for an employer with many
different careeroptions and a people-focused culture? You ve come
to the right place. HCA at a glance .
A few of the benefits we provide you:
- FullMedical, Dental, Life, Disability and Vision Insurance
- 401k(3%-9% match based on tenure)
- NewExtended Family Leave
- EmployeeStock Purchase Plan
- Healthcareand Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- EmployeeDiscount Program Be a part of an organization that
invests in you. We areactively reviewing applications. Highly
qualified candidates will be promptlycontacted by our hiring
managers for interviews. Submit your application andhelp us raise
the bar in patient care!
Alaska Regional s 1,000 employees and medical staff of more than550
independent practitioners are known for their expertise, compassion
andskills proving that bigger is not always better. As the only
non-medicalhospital in the state with its own landing strip,
patients and families fromthroughout our state look to Alaska
Regional for critical care. The 250-bedhospital is also recognized
for outstanding quality performance,patient-centered culture,
excellent clinical outcomes and cutting-edgetechnology.
Alaska Regional is part of HCA s network of more than 300 affiliate
hospitals,outpatient centers and business offices across the
country offering employeesthe opportunity for travel and
relocation. HCA and Alaska Regional are allabout caring for people,
and that care extends to patients, families andemployees.
Alaska boasts incredible scenic beauty, drawing visitors year-round
who comefor a vacation and end up making Alaska home.Alaskans enjoy
all the amenities of an urban lifestyle includingperforming arts,
museums, cultural activities, shopping and fine dining whileliving
minutes from outdoor adventures in The Last Frontier.
Our nursing teams are a committed, caring group ofcolleagues. We
have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. Ifyou
are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be
yournext opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise! The
Charge ICU/CCU RN manages the nursing care of critically ill
patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and
protocols of the healthcare organization. They also are responsible
for nursing leadership on the unit for designated shifts. The tasks
and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well
coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
Qualifications Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current licensure as an RN.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider and
- Minimum requirement: One year critical care experience
required; Two years preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds. We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity atour company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color,national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteranstatus, or
Notice Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here .For questions about your job application or
this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, care, coronary, infusion,
intensive care unit, recovery, staff nurse, surgery, surgical,
Keywords: Alaska Regional Hospital, Anchorage , RN Charge - ICU, Healthcare , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!