Clerical Medical Business Office Specialist - Anchorage (Full-Time)
Company: Frontier Home Health and Hospice
Posted on: March 25, 2020
Call or email Recruiter, Barbara Smith, RN, MS at 415-378-4991
or basmithrnms @ comcast.net, for details regarding this position.
Barbara is available 7 days a week.**Job Description SummaryThe
Business Office Specialist provides overall coordination and
organizational and technical support to the office. The BOS is
responsible for non-clinical areas of the team such as: Payroll,
billing, and general clinical support and computer data entry on
hospice clients.Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Answers telephone lines promptly and efficiently. Responds to
message content appropriately, as instructed by the
Administrator/Branch Director or Clinical Supervisor. Records
telephone calls onto call log.
- Processes new patient referral information into the computer
system on a timely basis.
- Date stamps all clinical notes on a daily basis.
- Tracks verification for all skilled services. Coordinates and
verifies clinical documentation for input, i.e., 485-486 forms
(Admission through Discharge), as needed and requested.
- Process the Daily Visit Report for payroll and billing
information and enter time sheets into system on a daily
- Assists the function of billing, payroll, human resource
management, and patient care management through timely and accurate
data entry and system reports.
- Complete customer maintenance system on a timely and accurate
- Generates 485's
- MD Orders
- Billing Information
- Customer Information
- Accurately enters patient billing data, including visit charges
and supply charges, into information systems.
- Troubleshoot errors with Billing Coordinators to assure timely
and accurate information is entered to expedite billing
- Participates in chart audit for payroll/billing purposes to
assure accurate documentation, as needed.
- Alerts appropriate management team members regarding late or
missing documents required for data entry.
- Receives and routes daily incoming mail. Prepares daily
- Mails and tracks physicians orders as required. Maintains
current log of interim orders and plans of care, verifying mail and
return date to comply with state and federal regulations.
- Assures on-call information is available for the on-call
- Maintains the patient's medical records to standards. Files all
elements of patient records on a daily basis.
- Maintains adequate inventory of medical supplies/items needed
to provide appropriate patient care, notifies the
Administrator/Branch Director or Clinical Supervisor when inventory
needs to be restocked.
- Assists with supply requisition and billing. Ability to
function in all areas related to agency supplies and the biohazard
area, as needed.
- Maintains adequate supply of patient clinical record elements
and stock of pre-made clinical records available for
- Performs daily backup of information in the system(s).
- Alerts appropriate members of the information system support
personnel to resolve system problems that negatively impact the
speed and accuracy of data entry functions.
- Creates reports and documents using Word, Excel and other
software programs as directed.
- Collects data as requested by Agency Management for
- Assists the Information Systems Director and management team
members in the preparation of monthly management, statistical, and
financial reports, as requested.
- Is cross-trained in other functions and fills in for other
positions as needed.
- Completes other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient, employee and organization
information at all times.
- Effectively communicates with supervisors, staff, and others as
needed in order to promote quality patient care.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with
patients, payers and other customers.
- Performs duties consistent with Frontier's commitment to doing
business with integrity; promptly reports any concerns related to
actual or suspected wrong-doing to the Administrator/Branch
- Minimum of high school education equivalent. Additional
post-secondary education preferred.
- One year of administrative support or payroll in business,
healthcare clerical setting, or training/education equivalent. Home
care experience preferred.
- Proficient with computer software/data programs.
- Excellent telephone, oral and written communication
- Proficient in email, Word, and Excel software programs.
- Knowledge of medical terminology helpful.WE ARE AN AFFIRMATIVE
ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Keywords: Frontier Home Health and Hospice, Anchorage , Clerical Medical Business Office Specialist - Anchorage (Full-Time), Healthcare , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!