Charge RN - ICU
Company: Alaska Regional Hospital
Posted on: December 4, 2019
SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Our Mission- Above all else, we are committed to the care and
improvement of human life.
For us, it's all about people. Here at HCA, you will find that
caring extends to our patients, employees, and the communities we
serve. It is demonstrated by industry leading patient satisfaction
scores, defined pathways for your personal and professional growth,
and the impact of the over 30,000 volunteer hours we provide
annually. Our dedication has led to awards of recognition including
being named a World's Most Admired Company by Fortune Magazine. Are
you looking for an employer with many different career options and
a people-focused culture? You've come to the right place. HCA at a
A few of the benefits we provide you:
* Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment Program
* Full Medical, Dental, Life, Disability and Vision Insurance
* 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
* New Extended Family Leave
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
* Employee Discount Program
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively
reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be
promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit
your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Alaska Regional's 1,000 employees and medical staff of more than
550 independent practitioners are known for their expertise,
compassion and skills - proving that bigger is not always better.
As the only non-medical hospital in the state with its own landing
strip, patients and families from throughout our state look to
Alaska Regional for critical care. The 250-bed hospital is also
recognized for outstanding quality performance, patient-centered
culture, excellent clinical outcomes and cutting-edge
Alaska Regional is part of HCA's network of more than 300 affiliate
hospitals, outpatient centers and business offices across the
country - offering employees the opportunity for travel and
relocation. HCA and Alaska Regional are all about caring for
people, and that care extends to patients, families and
Alaska boasts incredible scenic beauty, drawing visitors year-round
who come for a vacation and end up making Alaska home. Alaskans
enjoy all the amenities of an urban lifestyle - including
performing arts, museums, cultural activities, shopping and fine
dining - while living minutes from outdoor adventures in The Last
Our nursing teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We
have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you
are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be
your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
The CHARGE ICU/CCU RN manages the nursing care of critically ill
patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and
protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and
* Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
* Carries out physician orders.
* Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, monitors vital signs.
* Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for
* Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well
coordinated patient care.
* Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
* Instructs and educates patients and families.
* Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with
members of the healthcare team.
* Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment
Required Job Qualifications include:
* Current licensure as an RN.
* Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider and ACLS.
* Minimum requirement: One year critical care experience required;
Two years preferred.
* Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
* Customer service abilities including effective listening
* Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending,
reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or
equipment up to 50 pounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: Alaska Regional Hospital, Anchorage , Charge RN - ICU, Healthcare , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!