Company: Beacon Health Options
Posted on: January 12, 2019
We are currently seeking a dynamic Medical Director to lead an exciting opportunity in Alaska.
We are currently seeking a dynamic Medical Director to lead an exciting opportunity in Alaska. The Medical Director oversees the medical utilization and review process, provides clinical supervision to Peer Advisors and collaborates with Care Managers and Clinical Supervisors. Ensures the organizational objective to have qualified clinicians accountable to Beacon for decisions affecting members.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements policies and procedures in the coordination of the Director of Clinical Operations, Director of Quality Management (QM), and the Corporate Medical Director.
- Provides input for corporate-wide policies, procedures, protocols, criteria, and guidelines through the Clinical Policy Standards committee.
- Manages the Peer Advisors (as assigned) and the review process to ensure quality and consistent application of Beacon policies and protocols.
- Manages workflow and Peer Advisors' productivity and performance as it impacts utilization and other performance standards.
- Oversees the management of the process of providing Peer Advisors reviews to other Beacon engagement centers through collaboration with their Medical Directors and staff.
- Serves as co-chair of the QM and the Utilization Management committees.
- Conducts peer clinical review by telephone or in person to discuss review determinations with providers when available.
- Consults on cases referred by Care Managers or their supervisors to ensure quality and consistent application of Beacon policies and procedures within the limits of the client benefits plan.
- Periodically consults with providers, non-staff, and in-network practitioners.
Education: MD or DO (Doctor of Osteopathy) from an accredited medical school and board certification by the Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Licensures: Unrestricted medical license to practice independently in Alaska (i.e., current and unrestricted medical license in psychiatry or osteopathy); certification with the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Relevant Work Experience:
Minimum of five years' of post-residency clinical practice managing behavioral health services, including mental health and substance use disorders
Click below on "Apply for this Position" to create a profile and apply for the position
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
AAP Reporting Location:
CA - Cypress
ID (Req #):
Monday - Friday
Keywords: Beacon Health Options, Anchorage , MEDICAL DIRECTOR, Executive , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Other Executive Jobs
Vice President of Medical and Multi - Specialty Clinics
Description: The key focus for the Vice President of Medical and Multi-Specialty Clinics is ensuring quality health services are accessible to American
Posted on: 01/20/2019
Director of Retail Operations - Own a Franchise
Description: Directors of Retail Operations:
Company: Franchise Career Advisors
Posted on: 01/18/2019
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN/LVN) - Pain Management (LPN/LVN #)
Description: Licensed Practical Nurse LPN/LVN - Pain Management job in Anchorage, Alaska. The job is a civilian position within the military medical system. Civilian and military personnel work together in the (more...)
Company: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES
Posted on: 01/19/2019
Virtual Customer Service Manager-French/English
Description: Virtual Customer Service Manager-French Bilingual Exciting opportunity for a seasoned manager to come in and help build our virtual French Bilingual team Mommy Jobs Online mommyjobsonline.com is looking (more...)
Company: Mommy Jobs Online
Posted on: 01/24/2019
Description: Under the direction of the Nursing Executive, the Nurse Manager is responsible for the clinical leadership and coordination of all nursing personnel. This position ensures the delivery of quality nursing (more...)
Company: North Star Behavioral Health
Posted on: 01/19/2019
Restaurant General Manager
Description: ul br li Oversee every aspect restaurant operations. br li Ensures excellent guest service that meets or exceeds expectations. br li Ensures that the restaurant is adequately staffed to (more...)
Company: Uncle Joe's Pizzeria
Posted on: 01/22/2019
843-Common Operational Picture (COP) Manager (Military Veterans Wanted!)
Description: Position:----843-Common Operational Picture COP Manager Type:----Full Time Location:----Anchorage, Alaska Frontier Technology Inc.--is seeking a GIS and Google Earth Specialist to join our team as (more...)
Company: Frontier Technology, Inc.
Posted on: 01/21/2019
Director of Environmental Services
Description: Working as an EVS Director, you are responsible for directing and overseeing the operational needs of the Housekeeping Department. You will coordinate the tasks of the Assistant Directors and Operations (more...)
Company: Morrison Healthcare
Posted on: 01/21/2019
Pain Management Physician - Physicians Only Apply - Perm
Description: Medical Doctors Only Apply. A Pain Management Physician practice is seeking a qualified physician for Anchorage, AK. This and other physician jobs brought to you by ExactMD. br br br Telemedicine (more...)
Posted on: 01/25/2019
Area Safety Manager
Description: Area Safety Coordinator Employer is seeking an Area Safety Coordinator, based in Tampa, FL. Commercial Metals is a vertically integrated, Fortune 600 steel company that recycles,
Company: Commercial Metals Company
Posted on: 01/17/2019