Social Worker Case Management PRN
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Description IntroductionLast year our HCA Healthcare colleagues
invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As
a(an) Social Worker Case Management PRN with Alaska Regional
Hospital you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to
giving back!BenefitsWe are committed to providing our employees
with the support they need. At Alaska Regional Hospital, we offer
eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes
medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some
unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health
Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!Learn more about Employee
BenefitsWould you like to unlock your potential with a leading
healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our
colleagues? Join the Alaska Regional Hospital family! We will give
you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our
organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Social Worker Case
Management PRN to help us reach our goals. Unlock your
potential!Job Summary and QualificationsAs a Social Worker in Case
Management you will have the opportunity to use your knowledge and
background to help our patient populations at Alaska Regional. You
will be joining a collaborative team that values extraordinary
patient care and dedication to one another. In this role:
- You will assist patients and families with personal and
environmental difficulties which predispose illness or interfere
with obtaining maximum medical benefits.
- You will collaborate with physicians, case managers, and other
healthcare team members in patient evaluation and treatment to
further their understanding of significant social and emotional
factors underlying the patient's health problem.
- You will help patient and family members through individual or
group conferences to increase their desire and ability to
understand, accept, and follow medical recommendations.
- You will provide services planned to restore patients to their
optimum social and health capacities.
- You will utilize community resources to assist patients in
resuming life in their community or to help them live within limits
- You will complete psychosocial assessments and assist with
discharge planning for patients.
- You will assist the Case Management Director with leadership
- Current State of Alaska LBSW license required; LMSW or LCSW
- Case Management certification preferred.
- 3 or more years of experience in all aspects of social services
and discharge planning preferred. Experience must demonstrate a
strong understanding and knowledge of Utilization Review, DRG
review, and Discharge Planning.
- Knowledge of State of Alaska law, Federal/CMS regulations, and
Joint Commission standards. HCA Healthcare's Alaska Regional
Hospital is known for our expertise, compassion and skills. We are
committed to delivering patient-centered care to every patient on
every visit for our 250 plus bed facility. Year after year, Alaska
Regional receives 5-star ratings for heart attack treatment, bowel
obstruction treatment, and colorectal surgery.
Based in Anchorage, Alaska Regional is located in a thriving
community offering plenty of opportunities to capitalize on the
Alaskan lifestyle. Alaska offers some of the most incredible scenic
beauty around the world which draws visitors year-round who come
for a vacation and end up making Alaska home.
We are part of the HCA Healthcare network - which includes more
than 300 affiliate facilities across the country - offering our
colleagues the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA
Healthcare and Alaska Regional are inspired by our mission to care
for and improve human life to create a positive impact in our
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses. "There is so much good to do in the
world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist,
HCA Healthcare Co-FounderBe a part of an organization that invests
in you! We are reviewing applications for our Social Worker Case
Management PRN opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for
interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in
patient care!We are an equal opportunity employer and value
diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Anchorage , Social Worker Case Management PRN, Executive , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!