Area Director/Staff Associate at JBER (Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson)
Company: Young Life
Posted on: January 24, 2023
For more information, please contact Robert Raedeke at Young
Life Military/Club Beyond headquarters at 719-381-1813. This opens
in a new window. Description: There are nearly 300,000 teenagers of
active-duty U.S. military parents who are stationed all over the
world. These teens move an average of seven times during their
school-aged years. The questions of identity and belonging that all
teens face grow even more challenging to answer amid starting over
and meeting new friends at each location.This is where you can be
the difference in a military teen's life! By being in their world,
walking alongside them, and creating a community where they
experience the truth of God's love and purpose for them, our staff
provide a safe space where teens can develop friendships and
connections to experience laughter, build hope and generate
resiliency.We are currently providing incarnational ministry at
many military installations around the world. You will have the
opportunity to lead and oversee the overall Young Life Military
program, known as Club Beyond , which is ecumenically focused and
outreach oriented. Responsibilities:
- Actively develop healthy relationships with adults, as well as
kids, and build vibrant relationships with the local community, the
military installation and the chapel community.
- Be a role model (incarnational) and assist with developing
community outreach to "unchurched" teens, discipleship to Christian
teens, and leading and equipping volunteers to do "hands-on" middle
and high school Christian youth programs.
- Work well in an environment that sees (due to high military
operational tempo) a high degree of turnover among teens, families,
chaplains and volunteers.
- Be respectful of and embrace a community that is deeply
influenced by a military culture.
- In this ministry, you will need to live out the Club Beyond
Core Value Statement:
Club Beyond is a Christ-centered community of leaders with an
exclusively military focus. Our methods are incarnational, and our
perspective is ecumenical. We leverage strategic partnerships for
the greatest results. We value professionalism from our staff and
excellence in our stewardship. Qualifications:
- Deep love for Christ and for lost teens.
- Competent communicator with youths, parents and senior military
- Teachable heart.
- Willingness to make a three-year commitment.
- Minimum of three years youth ministry experience
- Willingness to raise part of the budget through personal
- Committed to a relational ministry approach.
- Strong initiative.
- Note: this position would require our staff to live near the
community where they would be doing ministry.
- Full-time salary: Based on experience, responsibility and
- Expense reimbursement (mileage [office and ministry
- Training and career development is built into the job. Notes:
We are currently looking for both full- and part-time staff
throughout the United States. Colorado Springs, Colo., is the
headquarters location for Young Life Military/Club Beyond. All
applications are processed at this office. How To Apply: If you are
currently on Young Life staff , please send a current resume
(including all ministry experience) and a one-page letter
describing your testimony/why you are interested in this position
to firstname.lastname@example.org . Non-Young Life staff should send
the above items as well as complete the Young Life application form
that is available via the button below.Apply NowBack to current
openings page. Young Life is a mission devoted to introducing
adolescents to Jesus Christ and helping them grow in their
Keywords: Young Life, Anchorage , Area Director/Staff Associate at JBER (Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson), Executive , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!