Chief Medical Officer
Company: Peninsula Community Health Services of Alaska
Posted on: June 21, 2022
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive OfficerWORK WEEK: Scheduled in the
clinic 40 hours per week, but may be required to work longer hours
to ensure tasks and duties are accomplished in accordance with
roles and responsibilities.WAGE CLASSIFICATION: Exempt -
ProfessionalOSHA RISK CLASSIFICATION: HighMISSION: Strengthening
our Community by providing accessible and affordable healthcare.
BENEFITS: Sign on bonus, AK licensure reimbursement, medical &
dental insurance, PTO, floating holiday, CE time off and funds,
life, AD&D and long/short term disability, 403b, access to NHSC
and State of AK SHARP loan repayment program. SUMMARY POSITION
STATEMENT This position exists to strengthen the relationship
between the clinical staff and administrative staff. The CMO is the
administrative leader responsible for clinical quality and
oversight within PCHS. The CMO works with all clinical staff and
administrative leadership to ensure high quality care and services
are provided within all clinical departments. The CMO works to
promote clinical staff participation in the overall goals and
mission of the organization. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ROLES &
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
- Oversight of all clinical providers (medical, dental,
behavioral health) licensed and non-licensed.
- Planning and organizing clinical departments to meet PCHS
strategic and quality goals.
- Oversight of providers to meet compliance, financial, and
clinical quality goals and expectations (chart completion, risk
management, peer review, productivity, patient/client satisfaction,
- Oversight of clinical elements of accreditation
- Oversight and administration of any and all clinical student
rotations, residencies, and partnerships
- Maintain PCHS standards of customer services.
- Maintain strong relationships with area clinical partners
(hospital, Veterans Administration, area providers) along with
- Must pass State required background check and pre-hire drug
test. JOB RELATIONSHIPS
- Supervises all Health Care Providers.
- Liaison between health care staff and CEO
- Coordinates with Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial
Officer on financial and operational needs, plans, and goals.
- Supervise clinical staff skills and proficiencies. Coordinate
with Nursing Supervisor and Office Supervisor on department
- Receives direct supervision from Chief Executive Officer
- Member of the Leadership TeamPOSITION REQUIREMENTSEducation:
Successful completion of an approved Medical Doctor or Doctor of
Osteopathy program. Board Certified in area of chosen specialty, or
a minimum of seven years of family practice.License: Maintain an
active physician license with the State of Alaska. Maintain board
certification including continuing education
requirements.Experience: Minimum of three years experience in a
clinic setting.Vaccines: Must show proof of Covid vaccine due to
Federal Mandate unless legally exempt.Contact: Patty Eissler, Chief
HR Officer , firstname.lastname@example.org or 907-260-5017www.pchsak.orgPCHS
is an equal opportunity employer and ADA compliant agency. Powered
Keywords: Peninsula Community Health Services of Alaska, Anchorage , Chief Medical Officer, Executive , Soldotna, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!