Assistant Branch Manager 1
Company: Nuvision Federal Credit Union
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Assistant Branch Manager I (ABM I) job
typically exists in a small size Branch. Under limited supervision,
and within established guidelines, assists the Branch Manager and
Retail Service Manager in all assigned areas of Branch operations,
with an immediate area of responsibility for the teller line. This
position assumes the responsibilities of the Branch Manager in
their absence and also acts as a back-up for the teller line as
necessary. The ABM I assists the Branch Manager in the achievement
of sales goals by supporting the attainment of Relationship
Specialists and Relationship Managers cross-selling and referral
objectives. The value the ABM I adds to the organization as it
allows for immediate approval authority, fills in for the BM,
supervisor override for tellers and other frontline staff, lowers
the decision making authority, allows for in-person, personalized
service and provides opportunities to conduct needs-based sales
using referrals for other credit union products and services that
support various production goals. Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, assign, and monitor workflow of the teller area
to ensure the effective delivery of products and services. Together
with Operations management, direct Branch personnel by establishing
annual performance goals consistent with the Board-approved
strategic and operational plan. Guide staff activities toward the
attainment of branch goals. Acts as a back-up performing frontline
transactions/duties as needed.
- Open and/or close Branch in absence of Branch Manager or as
required by Branch operations schedule. Perform all required
operational and procedural duties, consistent with Credit Union
guidelines, related to opening and/or closing the Branch.
- Assist Operations management by providing feedback and
recommendations for the recruitment, selection, promotion and
advancement, corrective action, and termination of employees.
Interview potential candidates for hire, coach and mentor
employees, write up and deliver corrective actions, assess staff
performance, and write annual performance appraisals for management
review and approval.
- Monitor and maintain the physical appearance of the Branch
consistent with Credit Union guidelines.
- Approve overrides, check holds, deposit items, and withdrawal
amounts that are above and beyond a RS and RM assigned limits.
- Implement, monitor, and ensure compliance with Credit Union
policies and procedures in relation to teller operations.
- Review and recommend changes to Branch procedures to improve
efficiencies and exceed member service and sales goals.
- Maintain Branch security by ensuring adequate action plans are
prepared and followed in support of the Credit Union's business
continuity plans. Ensure employees are knowledgeable about and
follow established daily operating procedures regarding robbery and
other disaster responses. Coordinate actions in conjunction with
Operations management to restore branch operations and
- Orient and train new RS and RM, and conduct/oversee
operational, service and sales, and compliance training to ensure
staff has thorough knowledge of all Credit Union products and
services. Personally attend all training sessions mandated by
Credit Union management.
- Provide for effective member relations by responding quickly
and professionally to the more complex, sensitive member issues
escalated from the teller line. Use sound judgment when
investigating and resolving problems with member accounts, while
striving to obtain an equitable resolution and assure a high degree
of member satisfaction.
- May guide and direct activities of Relationship Specialists and
Relationship Managers in the absence of the Branch Manager. Must be
knowledgeable of policies, procedures, and record-keeping
requirements related to new accounts and Sales.
- Conduct all daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly operational,
transaction, and fraud audits as required by the Credit Union's
audit checklist, and submit final reports to Branch
- Capable of performing all RS and RM functions.
- Prepare and present reports as requested by branch
- Participate in special projects as directed by branch
- Support and participate in continuous improvement
- Represent the Credit Union in a positive and professional
- Maintains member and other sensitive information with
- Treats all co-workers and members with respect.
- Other related duties as assigned. Qualifications:
- 3+ years branch operations experience in a Credit Union or
financial services industry, including a minimum of 1 year lead
teller experience in financial operations, loan experience,
regulatory compliance, and overseeing a staff of at least 3
- 3+ year's Senior Teller / Supervisor experience in a Credit
Union or financial services industry preferred.
- Solid working knowledge of financial products, services and all
applicable Federal, State, and NCUA regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to operate office machines to include
- Proficient with PC and demonstrated ability to use Microsoft
Applications including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to follow written and verbal
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem
solving skills, organizational skills, and attention to
detail.Ability to access strengths across diversity of team
members; develop skills, knowledge and abilities through coaching;
influence and guide others toward the accomplishment of goals;
organize tasks and develop plans within time and resource
- High School or Equivalent
- NMLS registered
- College level coursework in related business classes preferred
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Matching
- Paid Time Off
- Training Provided
- Tuition ReimbursementCovid-19 Precaution(s):
- Remote Interview Process (some positions vary)
- In-Person Interview required for Front-Line Positions
- Social Distancing and Mask Guidelines in place
Keywords: Nuvision Federal Credit Union, Anchorage , Assistant Branch Manager 1, Executive , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!