Accounts Receivable Manager
Company: Bering Straits Native Corporation
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Visit our website at www.beringstraits.com to apply!
Bering Straits Native Corporation (BSNC) is seeking a full-time
Accounts Receivable Manager for the Anchorage, AK corporate
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities are intended to present a
descriptive list of the range of duties performed for this position
and are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the
job. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide direction, supervision, support, and training to the
accounts receivable team.
- Manage monthly billing and accounts receivables
- Review and approve setting up customers and billings in
Costpoint accounting system including cash receipts, unbilled
- Assist with contract close outs, de-obligation of funds,
including DCAA/DCMA inquiries.
- Assist in analyzing accounts receivables and unbilled accounts
to ensure efficient billings and timely collections.
- Complete all Month end related tasks including collaboration
with other departments to meet established closing
- Assist in the interim and annual audit reviews.
- All other duties as assigned by the Controller
QUALIFICATIONS EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
satisfactorily perform each essential duty. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Required (Minimum) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field.
- 5 years of federal contract and commercial billing
- 5 years supervisory experience.
- 3 years Deltek Costpoint AR module experience or similar
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple
projects at one time.
- Ability to read and understand basic federal and commercial
- Ability to analyze and interpret billing information.
- Proactive in finding ways to streamline various accounts
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work independently, and
with a team, in fast-paced, high volume environment with emphasis
on accuracy, organization, and timeliness.
- Proven ability to interact with team members and customers in a
professional manner, organizes and set priorities, work effectively
under pressure, and maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, and
- 5 years of supervisory experience
- 5 years Deltek Costpoint AR module experience
- Experience working with Wide Area Work Flow, Electronic
Document Access, My Invoice, and other electronic
- High level of computer skills required, including proficiency
using Microsoft Office Programs (Excel) and email system
NECESSARY PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Employee must maintain a constant
state of mental alertness at all times. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Must be able to work in an office setting, sit for long periods of
time, talk on the telephone, work on a computer for extended
periods of time, and lift and carry up to 25 pounds on a periodic
basis. Must possess: visual acuity to review written documentation;
ability to hear and understand speech at normal room levels and on
the telephone; and the manual dexterity to operate a cell phone,
telephone and keyboard.
COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS
- This position is subject to federal or company requirements
regarding COVID-19 vaccination or regular testing. Details to be
provided by the hiring manager. Employees are expected to comply
with all current and future federal and company requirements.
DOT COVERED/SAFETYSENSITIVE ROLE REQUIREMENTS
- This position is not subject to federal requirements regarding
Department of Transportation "safety-sensitive" functions.
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative
of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job.
Job is performed in an office setting with exposure to computer
screens and requires extensive use of a computer, keyboard, mouse
and multi-line telephone system. The work described herein is
primarily a modern office setting. Occasional travel may be
- Supervises up to five billing specialists
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS
As a condition of employment, you will be required to pass a
pre-employment drug screening and have acceptable background check
results. If applicable to the contract, you must also obtain the
appropriate clearance levels required and be able to obtain access
to military installations.
Shareholder Preference. BSNC gives hiring, promotion, training and
retention preference to BSNC shareholders, shareholder descendants
and shareholder spouses who meet the minimum qualifications for the
Bering Straits Native Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without
regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, or
genderidentity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran
status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other
basis prohibited by law.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. We
are a drug free workplace.
# of Vacancies
Keywords: Bering Straits Native Corporation, Anchorage , Accounts Receivable Manager, Executive , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!