Vice President of Operations - Tuuq Drilling
Company: Kuna Engineering
Posted on: January 9, 2022
The table below can be resorted to view positions based on
Location, Company or Department by clicking on the column heading.
If you are interested in reading more about a position, please
click on the Position Title to review the full description. We are
an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If
you are looking for career opportunities with Akima please click
here If you are looking for career opportunities with Teck please
click here Job Description - Vice President of Operations - Tuuq
Drilling (TUU00224) Job Description Vice President of Operations -
Tuuq Drilling - TUU00224 Company : Tuuq Job : Mining Operations
Primary Location : US-AK-Anchorage Shift : Variable Closing Date
(Period for Applying) - External : Jan 10, 2022, 8:59:00 AM
Deadline to Fill : Jan 16, 2022 Description Summary Reporting to
the President of Tuuq Drilling, the Vice President of Operations is
responsible for providing broad transformational leadership,
oversight and support of Tuuq's drilling operations as well as
communicating and marketing operational performance to clients.
Near term focus is to continue building Tuuq's organization
capability and enhancing its reputation. Technical and Essential
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive change to become the industry-leading, client oriented,
full-service drilling provider by delivering exceptional business
- Resource and develop a strong technical team capable of
providing innovative drilling solutions.
- Lead Tuuq to be the premier Alaska-based drilling
- Lead the organization in operations and safety excellence
through performance and cultural expectations.
- Provide job opportunities for NANA Shareholders and ensure
continual skill training programs are in place to grow
- In collaboration with other functions and external providers,
design a structured recruiting and training program.
- Assess and optimize existing assets including drills and
support equipment. Continuously work with clients to identify
future drilling plans and requirements to dynamically assess
capital resource requirements.
- Travel to project sites as needed to develop client
relationships and provide oversight of company operations.
- Develop and propose annual operating and capital budgets. Work
with Finance & Accounting to ensure timely and accurate financial
transactions and reporting. Accountable for client and contractor
relationships, performance management of sub-contractors and all
- Participate in executive leadership meetings both internally
and with clients representing Tuuq, this will involve conventions,
business meetings, dinners, events and associated relevant
- Identify business development opportunities beyond the NANA
Region as Tuuq's capability and reputation grows.
- Accountable for ensuring quality and efficiency regarding
inventory and maintenance management to effectively reduce
down-time and improve rig availability.
- Become the industry leader in environmental drilling practices
by promoting and delivering closed-circuit drilling solutions.
- Develop an industry-leading mud and bit program optimizing
productivity and performance.
- Promote new products and technology with clients
- This position is responsible for the supervision of staff.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, drilling or geosciences
- Fifteen (15) years drilling management experience in
geotechnical and underground drilling endeavors at remote
- Ten (10) years of experience in managing/supervising employees
and contract staff.
- Expertise in all drilling activity and processes and
- Expertise in technical drilling analysis, project and process
management, planning, estimating, cost management, inventory and
maintenance and control.
- Demonstrated critical and conceptual thinking and
- Advanced experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and
- Ability to travel as required.
- Advanced written and oral English as well as the ability to
communicate all drilling related matters to Tuuq, NANA and our
- Experience with MSHA policies, reporting and certification
requirements are preferred.
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record for the
past three (3) years to be eligible under company vehicle insurance
policy. Working Conditions and Physical Requirements Weather:
Indoors in an environmentally controlled environment for a majority
of the work. Some work will require being outdoors where the
employee may be exposed to extreme weather conditions. Noise level:
The noise level in the work environment is usually that of a
standard office atmosphere. When working outdoors the employee may
be exposed to construction sites, mine operations or other related
production sites where the noise level would be loud. Description
of environment: Office building with standard office environment
when indoors. When working outdoors or at a job site the employee
may be exposed to mine equipment, construction equipment, moving
objects/equipment, helicopters or other heavy equipment dependent
on the job site. Reference job site specifics. Physical
requirements: Employee is required to occasionally lift and/or move
up to 50 lbs. Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use
hands/fingers to handle or feel, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or
crawl, talk/hear, see, taste/smell, and carry weight/lift. Travel:
Employee may travel up to 40% to various locations within the U.S.
and/or remote locations and may be required to use alternative
modes of transportation, including but not limited to snow
machines, boats, small airplanes and ATVs. Travel may require an
employee or contractor to pass a TSA security checkpoint. If the
employee or contractor does not have valid identification, they
will not be able to travel until valid identification is obtained
and verified. For this reason all Red Dog employees and contractors
must have valid identification when traveling to and from the mine,
for a list of TSA approved valid identification visit
- Excellent visible leadership and ability to drive change.
- Excellent communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills
and experience working with a broad range of people.
- Positive rapport with others. Effective in managing
relationships through openness, honesty and cooperation.
- High degree of business aptitude with the ability to focus on
priorities by setting goals, determining timelines, delegating
resources and measuring results.
- High degree of initiative, self-motivation, accountability and
- Energetic, empowers others, and shares ownership and
accountability for project outcomes.
- Prioritizes, sets objectives and goals, measures performance
and evaluates results.
- Takes leadership role in mentoring and training others.
- Creates and promotes a positive HSE leadership culture by
ensuring safe work practices are followed, resolving risks and
seeking ways to improve work practices in accordance with Tuuq's,
NANA's and the Client's HSE policies and procedures.
- Visionary aptitude to cite future potential opportunities and
anticipates risks. Required Language Equal Opportunity
Employer/Shareholder Preference NANA is an equal employment
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran protected status or any other
characteristic protected by applicable law. NANA grants employment
preference to shareholders of NANA and their spouses and
descendants to the extent allowed by law. It is NANA policy to
conduct background checks, drug testing and a physical assessment,
as applicable, once an offer has been accepted, in accordance with
company and/or contract requirements. Accommodation Request If you
are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility
assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please
submit a request by telephone or via email. In order to
appropriately assist you with an accommodation, we ask that you
please specify the assistance needed in order to access our jobsite
and post for a position. The dedicated email and telephonic options
are listed below and are reserved only for individuals with
disabilities needing accessibility assistance. To request an
accommodation by telephone, contact us at: 1-800-478-2000
Keywords: Kuna Engineering, Anchorage , Vice President of Operations - Tuuq Drilling, Executive , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!