Director of Business Development
Company: Universal Health Services, Inc.
Posted on: February 25, 2021
- Director, Business Development, Marketing & Advertising
- 62797 Job Description Responsibilities The Business Development
Director directs, manages and coordinates the marketing and
business development for the organization. Business Development
functions include but are not limited to, market research, market
plan development, advertising and promotion, sales management,
product development, product implementation and public/community
relations. This position is also responsible for development of new
business and strategic planning. Additionally, the Director of
- Oversees the development, implementation, and coordination of
business development plans.
- Supervises and directs the activities of the Business
- Develops referral relationships with physicians, agencies,
organizations, and mental health professionals state-wide.
- Formulates and manages department budget based upon business
development plans, outcomes and promotional need analysis.
- Manages the marketing function for the hospital, including
directing efforts in public relations, media and print
advertisements, referral development, and account management.
- Actively participates in community activities as they relate to
business / relationship development.
- Directs the activities and training of other team members in
the referral development process.
- Directs the implementation of the marketing plans, participates
in specific tactics to increase census and market share.
- Assists the CEO with physician relations, recruitment and
- Develops community education programs that highlight the
Hospital and its programs, directed at meeting the needs of the
local community and for mental health professionals.
- Conducts market research on new program areas, business
development opportunities, including competition analysis.
- Works in conjunction with the CFO and the CEO on obtaining
managed care contracts, developing relationships with EAP's and
- Assists the CEO in new program development in conjunction with
the Program Directors and the medical staff.
- Assists the CEO with strategic planning, alliance and
partnerships; increases market and maintains positive standing in
- Provides monthly reports on overall marketing activities for
the Hospital along with summaries of marketing results.
- Conducts special studies and reports, calculates pro-forma and
provides analysis as needed.
- Provides assistance to other managers in development of systems
for improved quality, efficiency and to remain current with
legislative, regulatory and other health care mandates.
- Maintains close communications with the media, reviews all
requests for medical coverage and represents the Hospital with the
- Assists HR Department with hiring and selection processes
through screening, interviewing and making recommendation for hire.
Anticipates staffing trends and needs and proactively offers
- Oversees the productive and efficient staffing of department
based on a thorough understanding of the correlation between
patient census and FTE standards.
- Provides feedback to staff on performance, reinforcing desired
behaviors and teambuilding efforts and intervening promptly in
deficiencies to reduce turnover rate and formal performance
- Instructs and guides Business Development staff in their
responsibilities and assignments
- Performs personnel management activities including direct staff
supervision, orientation/training/development, performance
management and employee relations functions; adheres to HR
policies/procedures, and applicable employment laws, standards and
- Completes performance evaluations for staff in a timely manner,
including initial and 90-day competencies, and annual performance
- Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:-- Bachelor's degree in psychology, marketing,
business, and/or health related field required. Background obtained
through a course of study in business administration and/or
healthcare administration with experience in a sales and marketing
organization highly preferred. Experience as a product manager or
program director is particularly useful. Two (2) years sales/direct
marketing preferred. KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS:--
- Ability to focus on new lead generation, quality referral
source development, as well as maintenance of current
- Ability to perform assignments with minimal supervision;
- Possess strong knowledge of referral development and
demonstrate strength in account management processes;
- Possess planning, organizational and supervision skills
necessary to achieve goals and objectives
- Ability to work successfully under highly stressful
- Ability to make sound, independent judgments based on
scientific and/or ethical principles;
- Must be able to collaborate with other multidisciplinary team
members in an appropriate fashion;
- Capability of adapting to varying workloads and work
assignments on a constant basis;
- Must have a working knowledge of computers MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
OF THE POSITON: Must be able to complete new hire requirements such
as State of Alaska Background Check and Drug Testing. Must be able
to demonstrate special training, knowledge and skills specific to
age groups, as well as job and/or program specific competency
within the first three (3) months of training. Must complete all
mandatory in-services annually. Must be tested for Tuberculosis
with a PPD skin test or chest x-ray upon hire; PPD skin test
required annually or chest x-ray annually thereafter. GENERAL
WORKING ENVIRONMENT:-- Working conditions for all employees are as
follows, but not limited to a psychiatric hospital setting; some
risk involved in the event of aggressive patient(s); work load may
include day, evening, night, weekend and/or holiday shifts.
Employees occasionally exposed to blood borne pathogens, and loud
noise levels.-- Mental demands described herein are representative
of those which must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of the job, but are not limited to the
ability to remain calm in a stressful environment; and the
emotional stability, physical stamina and agility to handle stress
and respond quickly and effectively to emergency situations.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:-- Requirements include, but are not limited
to the ability to communicate effectively with employees; the
ability to effectively utilize communication equipment; the
physical agility to manage cleaning equipment; the ability to read,
- Frequently utilize physical ability for standing or sitting for
long periods of time.
- Regularly utilize physical ability for speaking, hearing, and
seeing with correction for close and distance vision, color
discrimination, peripheral vision, depth perception and focusing
ability. Speaking and hearing may be necessary for conversing with
and assessing employees.
- Able to ascend/descend stairs and ramps; body agility is
- Able to bend body downward and forward by bending spine at the
waist; bend legs at knee to come to a rest on knee(s)
- Able to extend hands and arms in any direction
- Able to use upper and lower extremities to exert force in a
pulling or pushing motion. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force
occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up
to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Able to raise objects from a lower to higher position or from
- The worker is subject to both environmental conditions:
Activities occur inside and outside.
- The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of
- Must be able to concentrate amidst distractions; must be able
to perform work of a repetitive nature; must respond calmly to
potentially volatile clients
- Mental demands include but are not limited to emotional
stability, physical stamina and agility to handle stress and
respond quickly and effectively to emergency situations.
- The worker is subject to odors from paint, carpet adhesives,
and other construction and cleaning chemicals used for routine
maintenance and building renovation. EQUIPMENT/MATERIALS USED:
Telephone, computer, copier, fax machine, video player, small hand
tools and writing instruments. EEO Statement All UHS subsidiaries
are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where
equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and
teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as
such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection,
placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender
identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We
believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is
critical to our success. Notice At UHS and all our subsidiaries,
our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help
prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the
best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take
pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate
experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or
employee will request financial or personal information (Social
Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you
via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail
client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious
of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its
subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at:
https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449. Are you interested in
learning more about opportunities with North Star Behavioral
Health? North Star Behavioral Health is owned and operated by a
subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS), a King of
Prussia, PA-based company, that is one of the largest healthcare
management companies in the nation.
UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the
management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a
wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services. Universal
Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its
subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware,
Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by
subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any
reference to "UHS" or "UHS facilities" on this website including
any statements, articles or other publications contained herein
relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring
to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of
Delaware. Further, the terms "we," "us," "our" or "the company" in
such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health
Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment
referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services,
Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including UHS of
North Star Behavioral Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
as such, openly supports and fully commits to recruitment,
selection, placement, promotion and compensation of all individuals
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including
pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic
information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran
status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or
Keywords: Universal Health Services, Inc., Anchorage , Director of Business Development, Executive , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!