Environmental Project Manager
Company: Bering Straits Native Corporation
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Share this job as a link in your status update to LinkedIn. Job
Title Education Bachelor's Degree Location Anchorage PARAGON -
Anchorage, AK 99508 US (Primary)
Paragon Professional Services, LLC (Paragon), a s ubsidiary of
Bering Straits Native Corporation, is currently seeking a qualified
Environmental Project Manager (PM). The qualified PM will lead
project team(s) to assess sources of pollutants or hazards that
might have affected the environment during past operations at
federal, industrial, or private facilities for the purpose of
identifying and recommending solutions. The PM will utilize their
knowledge of various scientific disciplines to supervise the
collecting, synthesizing and documentation of data from area of
investigation, and recommend solutions for site closure. Work may
include developing work scope documents, reporting test results
from field samplings and investigations, performing remedial
alternatives evaluations and cost analysis, and remedial designs.
The PM will assist in providing cost estimates and projected
timelines to facilitate proposal development. The PM should be
familiar with the RCRA, CERCLA and ADEC's environmental
investigation and closure process. ESSENTIAL DUTIES &
RESPONSIBILITIES The Essential Duties and Responsibilities are
intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties
performed for this position, and are not intended to reflect all
duties performed within the job. Other duties may be assigned.
- Be responsible for execution of projects ranging from site
investigations to remedial actions.
- Be in direct contact with client, customers, regulators, and
other project stakeholders.
- Work with and direct multidisciplinary teams of environmental
scientists and technicians and other technical staff involved in
site assessment and restoration activities.
- Supervise technical staff responsible for obtaining, updating,
and maintaining plans, permits, and standard operating procedures
- Provide technical level support for environmental projects,
including determination of regulatory applicability
- Advise government agencies and companies of procedures to
protect people and the environment.
- Ensure cost proposals and plans comply with worker health and
safety plans and governmental regulations and laws.
- Meet schedule performance and financial objectives by tracking
and forecasting project progress and requirements.
- Enhance company and organization reputation by accepting
ownership for the teams' performance and adding value to assigned
- Ensure safe work practices for the field crew.
- Collect and interpret field data as needed and review
- Prepare project submittals, work plans and reports.
QUALIFICATIONS - EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily
perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Required (Minimum)
- Bachelor's Degree in sciences and/or engineering
- Master's Degree in related field preferred
- Current 40 Hr HAZWOPER
- ADEC Qualified Environmental Professional and Qualified
- Five plus (5+) years' experience in environmental remediation
and investigation activities
- Experience working with multiple Federal agencies and Alaska's
- Ability to travel to remote Alaska sites
- Ability to obtain a contractor's badge on military bases
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Experience and expertise with contracts for environmental
- Ability to manage simultaneous clean-up activities at three (3)
or more remote Alaska locations
- Managed a minimum of three (3) projects between $1M-$5M
- Worked in Alaska for five (5) to eight (8) years
- Experience investigating petroleum spills
- Ability to perform technical reviews of data and plans
- Professional licensing in Engineering, Geology, Project
Management, or other related field recommended PHYSICAL
REQUIREMENTS The physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Must maintain a constant state
of mental alertness at all times. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Essential and marginal functions may require
maintaining physical condition necessary for bending, stooping,
sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of time; most of
time is spent sitting in a comfortable position with frequent
opportunity to move about. In addition, the candidate should have
the physical ability to work outside the office environment for
extended periods involving exposure to the elements with weather
that will include extreme heat, walking over rough and uneven
surfaces, climbing, stooping, bending, and routine lifting of up to
50 pounds. The ability to properly use personnel protective
equipment (PPE) including the required use at all times of hard
hats, steel toed boots, eye protection, and hearing protection.
WORK ENVIRONMENT Work Environment characteristics described here
are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Work is
primarily performed in an office setting with exposure to computer
screens and requires extensive use of a computer, keyboard, mouse
and multi-line telephone system in a modern setting. Outdoor work
is required in the inspection of various remediation sites. The
employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in
high, precarious places, and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or
humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic
chemicals, risks of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level
in the work environment is usually moderate, but can be loud at
times when operating equipment. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Hires and supervises direct reports. ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING
FACTORS As a condition of employment, may be required to pass a
pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference
and background check results to obtain access to different military
bases. Must have reliable transportation to/from work a necessity
and must be able to obtain access to military installations.
Shareholder Preference. BSNC gives hiring, promotion, training and
retention preference to BSNC shareholders, shareholder descendants
and shareholder spouses who meet the minimum qualifications for the
job. Bering Straits Native Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/ AA/
Male/ Female/ Disability/ Vets employer. We participate in the
E-Verify Employment Verification Program. We are a drug free
workplace. # of Vacancies 1 v18.104.22.168 Last sync: 2020-09-30
23:30:02 You like this. Sign Up to see what your friends like.
Keywords: Bering Straits Native Corporation, Anchorage , Environmental Project Manager, Executive , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!