Executive Director, Alaska
Company: Patelco Credit Union
Posted on: February 16, 2021
City: Anchorage State: AK The American Lung Association has a
great opportunity for an Executive Director, Alaska to join our
incredible team in the Mountain Pacific Region. Working as a member
of the Development Team, you will join an outstanding group of
professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving
lung health and preventing lung disease, through research,
education, and advocacy.-- In this role, you will be responsible
for implementing key mission and fundraising initiatives that will
help advance the association's strategic imperatives with the
support of local volunteers and staff. Responsibilities:
- Serve as the lead development staff and ensure the effective
implementation of all fundraising activities including, but not
limited to, signature events and cause campaign, using nationwide,
proven-effective best practices.
- Manage, hire, train and evaluate fundraising support staff
ensuring that the team is tracking to meet market revenue goals.
Provide on-going development opportunities, feedback and course
corrections when necessary.
- Develop, cultivate, and solicit a personal portfolio of local
corporate prospects with an emphasis on meeting and/or exceeding
corporate revenue goals in event sponsorship and cause related
- Foster a culture of philanthropy amongst all staff and
- Evaluate market success and potential, and together with the
EVP, develop plans which support market revenue growth and mission
- Identify and foster corporate relationships for potential
multi-region and/or nationwide engagement. Volunteer Recruitment
- Establish and build strategic and sustained relationships with
key business leaders, individual donors, event participants, top
government officials, members of the media and community
- Identify and recruit a strong Leadership Board Chair and Vice
Chair and work with them during their two-year term to foster a
culture of philanthropy amongst all volunteer leadership.
- Identify, recruit, and engage a strong market Leadership Board
of 12-18 members using Nationwide, proven-effective best practices.
Leadership Board members must have the capacity and connectivity to
leverage resources and influence support. Revenue raised as a
result of Leadership Board member involvement will be tracked and
measured against American Lung Association standards.
- Recruit and engage volunteers as Lung Force Heroes, Lung
Champions, Save Our Lungs Team members, and e-advocates to support
our public policy priorities.
- Serve as the staff lead to the Leadership Board, providing
guidance, support, materials, reports and assistance in
implementing annual work plans while ensuring the on-going
development of a strong and participatory Leadership Board.
- Provide an annual analysis of Board performance.
- Responsible for the recruitment and engagement of corporate
leaders to chair all event committees.
- Together with the local Development Team support, manage and
successfully engage a committee of corporate leaders for each
signature event. Mission (Health Promotion & Advocacy):
- Provide feedback to the regional mission lead on the local lung
- Serve as the first point of contact in the market for
constituents, media and general public, coordinating with the
market staff team to best handle inquiries about the American Lung
- Together with the Mission Team, cultivate community
- Identify and secure funding for lung health priorities and
capacity that are not currently funded in Alaska.
- Develop excellent working relationships with local health care
systems and identify funded partnership opportunities.
- Coordinate and implement state and federal advocacy activities
as directed by the Senior Director, Advocacy.
- Respond to emerging needs alerting constituents of community
- Work with media to amplify messages in ALA signature reports.
Operational and Fiscal Management:
- Provide a supportive, positive, collaborative working
environment for staff and volunteers.
- Foster a strong working relationship between mission and
- Operate within the approved budget for the market ensuring
maximum resource utilization and a positive financial
- Participate in training opportunities and provide encouragement
for the team to do the same.
- Actively participate on regional and/or national work teams to
collectively improve development outcomes.
- Ensure that all contributions are correctly recorded in ROI and
that donors are properly acknowledged in a timely fashion.
- Oversee facilities management ensuring that all employees and
volunteers have a safe environment in which to work.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or
- A minimum of four years in nonprofit management with a
successful track record in revenue generation through peer-to-peer
special events and corporate development.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent oral and written
- Ability to successfully leverage relationships and negotiate
- Proven supervisory, leadership and team building skills.
- Strong experience in volunteer recruitment and engagement.
- Experience with individual donors a plus.
- Ability to meet American Lung Association's standards of
excellence, professionalism and integrity.
- Ability to work as a critical part of a larger, nationwide
team, building a strong working relationship between the Alaska
market and the national office.
- Experience in coalition building, development, and education of
public health measures.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and frequently changing
deadlines with ease and adaptability.
- Proactive and service oriented with strong problem-solving
- Positive attitude with the ability to work independently and in
a team environment.
- Ability to travel (20%).
- Ability to work weekends and evenings as needed.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
Thorough understanding of information technology and the ability to
use e-commerce and database platforms.
- Valid driver's license.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association
maintains a smoke-free workplace, all employees must abstain from
tobacco use in any form. APPLICATION PROCEDURE: To apply, send a
cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to (include the job
title and the job number in the subject of the email): The American
Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V Make a Donation Join over
500,000 people who receive the latest news about lung health,
including COVID-19, research, air quality, inspiring stories and
Keywords: Patelco Credit Union, Anchorage , Executive Director, Alaska, Executive , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!