Director of Information Technology
Company: Alaska Pacific University
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Job SummaryThis position provides vision and leadership for the
development and maintenance of innovative technology solutions that
support student engagement, transform the learning environment,
optimize resources, minimize risk, provides data for informed
business decisions, and monitors systems that optimize business
- Oversees functions including IT strategy, governance,
performance management and the definition of IT ways of working
(for example, common methodologies, processes, and tools for
developing and operating IT).
- Focuses on ensuring that the IT organization "does the right
things" through strategy and governance, as well as "doing things
right" through organizational and operational model development and
performance management, enterprise change management, and business
- Responsible for driving focus and prioritization within the IT
organization by establishing strategic planning and governance
principles and processes.
- Oversees IT workforce, IT department structure, including the
sourcing, training, supervision, and development of staff.
- Leads and participates on technical teams in the delivery of
new technologies into the infrastructure.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of IT policies,
procedures, methodologies, and governance - as well as performance
management frameworks and metrics - to ensure the IT organization
delivers value to the University.
- Plans, organizes, controls and directs operations and
activities involved in the research, review, analysis,
interpretation and reporting of variety data and information used
in assessing institutional effectiveness.
- Leads technical teams in the creation and maintenance of a data
warehouse, and maintenance of statistical and other data for
reports related to institutional effectiveness including:
enrollment, demographics, productivity, student success, and
- Provides project consultation offering assistance to staff and
departments requiring research assistance; coordinating the
research efforts of departments involved in projects with common
- Serves as a member of the University management team, providing
broad insight to IT domains and capabilities in support of
University wide business decisions.
- Provides technology leadership and support to University
committees including Risk Management Steering and Technology
- Establishes and implements continuous-improvement programs for
the IT organization.
- Stays current with developments in new market trends and
innovations in technology and the leadership of enterprise IT.
- Drives and facilitates effective collaboration and
communications between the IT organization and the user and
- Regularly reviews IT costs and cost structures for IT services
and products so that the financial implications of IT projects and
activities are communicated to the proper management.
- Directs risk evaluation and compliance management processes to
ensure the University meets all legal and contractual obligations
that relate to Information Technologies.
- Develops and manages strategic vendor and partnership
- Oversees the selection and execution of high-impact, enterprise
wide technology, strategic programs or initiatives.Knowledge and
- Knowledge of current and emerging technologies, technology
directions, and strategic application to business needs, including
the ability to differentiate between a relevant trend and
- Skill in working in the Education sector preferred.
- Skill in managing cross-functional teams or projects, and
influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders.
- Skill in making executive decisions where appropriate.
- Skill in budget planning, financial management and workforce
- Skill in improving operational efficiency, service delivery and
information management across the IT organization.
- Skill in both oral and written communication.
- Skill in explaining technology solutions in business
terms.Minimum Education Qualification
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science,
or related field.Minimum Experience Qualification
- Non-Supervisory: Eight (8) years' experience working in the
information technology field. AND
- Supervisory: Five (5) five years of management experience in
the field of information technology.Preferred Education
- Master's degree preferred.
Keywords: Alaska Pacific University, Anchorage , Director of Information Technology, Executive , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!