COMSEC Custodian/Multi Disciplinary Engineer IRES - Elmendorf AF with Security Clearance
Posted on: August 14, 2019
Description of Duties: The COMSEC Custodian/Multi Disciplinary
Engineer supports the Missile Defense Agency (MDA), on the
Integrated Research and Development for Enterprise Solutions (IRES)
contract. The candidate will: * Ensure that COMSEC material control
and protection is top priority using Nation Security Agency
directives and polices.
* Be ultimately responsible for the receipt, custody, issue,
safeguarding and destruction of COMSEC material.
* Conduct inventories as directed by DIRNSA semiannually/annually
and upon appointment , by physically sighting all COMSEC material
charged to the account, and reconciling this inventory with the
respective NSA COMSEC Office of Record (COR).
* Keep up-to-date records and submit of all required accounting
reports in a timely manner.
* Perform routine destruction of material when required, or affect
other dispositions of material as directed by the Controlling
* Protect material assigned to the account and limit access to such
material to individuals with need-to know and proper clearances.
Receive, safeguard and account for all COMSEC material issued to
the account, and/or produced using the KMI (Key Management
* Ensure the integrity of the COMSEC key material and equipment by
inspecting the protective seals and tamper tape upon initial
receipt, during each inventory and prior to use.
* Ensure material shipped outside the account is properly packaged
and shipped in compliance with appropriate NSA regulations.
* Triage issues, resolving break/fix tickets, project work, event
support and battle rhythm activities.
* Provide end user desktop, printer, networking infrastructure,
cabling, server, VTC operations and installation, and unified
communication support and troubleshooting.
* Be responsible for storage, transporting and destruction of
* Prepare and conduct hand receipt holder training on an annual
basis. Follow proper shipping procedures for CCI and classified
material IAW NSA CNNSSI 4001, NSA 3-16, and CNNSSI 4005. The
successful candidate will be able to: * Resolve complex IT issues
remotely and onsite to include, print support, deploying and
replacing IT equipment, troubleshooting issues.
* Thoroughly document work and adhere to enterprise processes &
* Work within contractual scope and professionally handle requests
for out-of- scope work.
* Interact with and advise Government and contractor organizations
with COMSEC requirements and related matters.
* Understand the importance of the development of Standard
Operating Procedures (SOP), Emergency Action Plans and the
implementation of each.
* Understand the different of Accounting Legend Codes (ALC), (ie:
crypto vs. secret crypto) and other special markings associated
with cryptographic keying material.
* Work independently; understand and anticipate requirements and
needs of MDA Director, Program Protection.
* Ability to work in a rapid paced, high stress environment.
* Ability to work with people with dynamic personalities and
organizations. Demonstrated organizational skills has to be
priority in this position with accurate filing and time
* Demonstrate understanding of DoD Information Technology Security
and Accreditation Process (TEMPEST) oversight and coordination
* Demonstrate full understanding of Key Management Infrastructure
(KMI) system or equivalent armed services COMSEC material
accounting system. The candidate should be prepared to work
non-standard shifts if needed. These shifts may rotate dependent on
the needs of the customer. This position may require 30% of the
time traveling. This position is located at Elmendorf AFB,
Anchorage, Alaska. Relocation assistance may be available for this
position. This position will be posted for two weeks ending on 2
July 2019. If a candidate has not been selected at that time, it
will continue to be posted until a suitable candidate is found or
the position is closed. #cjpost Basic Requirements : Must have one
of the following combinations of education and experience: HS
Diploma (or GED) and 16 years of general experience; Associate's
degree and 14 years of general experience; Bachelor's degree and 12
years of general experience; Master's degree and 10 years of
general experience. * Must have 8 years' directly related
experience in any of the following, Directory Services (e.g.
Windows 2000 AD, LDAP, DHCP); Operating systems (e.g. UNIX,
Windows, MS Exchange); Internet Protocols(e.g. DNS, HTTP, SMTP,
SSL); Firewall configuration and troubleshooting; Multiple network
types (i.e.LAN, WAN, VxLAN, SDN); and /or managing Voice over
Internet Protoco (VOIP) Telecommunications infrastructures. * Must
have experience in management or leadership roles.
* Must have an active DoD Top Secret Clearance.
* DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Certification ( such as CompTIA
Security CE) * Must have previous COMSEC experience.
* Completed NSA COMSEC Custodians Course (IAEC-2112) and KMI MGC
Operator Training Course.
* Additional duties may be required in accordance to MDA policies,
procedures and contract requirements. Desired : * Understanding of
the Risk Management Framework.
* COMSEC and/or network experience including work with TACLANEs,
vIPer phones, and the KMI (MGC).
* A general understanding of MDA processes. * 2 years of experience
as a COMSEC Custodian or Alternate COMSEC Custodian.
* Bachelor's Degree in Networking, Computer Science or related
field. Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or
other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a drug-free
Keywords: Jacobs, Anchorage , COMSEC Custodian/Multi Disciplinary Engineer IRES - Elmendorf AF with Security Clearance, Engineering , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!