Tug Engineer-Western Alaska (Seasonal)
Company: Crowley Maritime Corporation
Posted on: July 12, 2019
CROWLEY FUELS IS LOOKING FOR AN ENGINEER TO JOIN THE WESTERN ALASKA
PETROLEUM DISTRIBUTION FLEET. OUR VESSELS WORK FROM EARLY APRIL TO
MID-NOVEMBER, MAKING THIS A TRULY SEASONAL POSITION WITH THE
FOLLOWING BENEFITS AVAILABLE AFTER COMPLETING A 90-DAY PROBATION
* Health Care coverage paid year-round (employee AND family) after
signing an intent to return the following year
* 401k with company matching contributions (Year 1: 2%, Year 2: 4%,
Year 3 and greater: 6%)
* 10 days paid time off each season w/ round-trip travel paid
* All travel to and from work is arranged and paid for by
* Ability to draw unemployment in the off-season
* Employer-paid training program available
* Responsible for preparation, operation and maintenance of all
vessel machinery and systems throughout the voyage
* Attends to mechanic functions aboard the vessel. Operate
machinery as required to carry out vessels mission (main engines,
auxiliaries, winches, etc.)
* Monitors, maintains and repairs equipment and vessel
* Manages fuel, lube, and other fluids essential to equipment
operation. Maintains fuel and ballast conditions to achieve trim as
directed by vessel Master
* Consults with the vessel Master regarding Engineering in order to
maintain safe and efficient operating conditions.
* Instructs deck watch standers as to proper engine room conditions
with respect to security/safety rounds.
* Assists on deck as directed by the vessel Master.
* Completes Parts and Material Requisitions (PMRs) and Repair Order
Service Requests (RSORs) as necessary to maintain equipment, tools,
and adequate parts and spare inventories.
* Ensures correspondence with port engineers on the process and
status of all PMRs and RSORs.
* Ensures true, complete and accurate Engineering Logs are
* Performs engine room cleaning, scaling, and painting duties as
needed to ensure a clean and well-maintained
* DDE 4000 or better
* STCW w/ endorsements including OICEW and Advanced Firefighting,
Basic Safety Training
* Experience on smaller equipment
* Familiar with electronic engines
* Experience sailing in Western Alaska
* Shipyard Competent Person
* Enjoys long hitches
The Company does not discriminate against any individual in any
condition of employment, including but not limited to the
recruitment, hiring, training, compensation and advance in
employment of qualified individuals without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any
other characteristic protected by law. This policy has the full
support of the Company s Chairman, President & CEO. The program is
available for review by employees and applicants for employment in
the Human Resources office during regular office hours.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act, should you have a
disability that requires assistance and / or reasonable
accommodation with the job application process, please contact the
Human Resources department by email at email@example.com.
Keywords: Crowley Maritime Corporation, Anchorage , Tug Engineer-Western Alaska (Seasonal), Engineering , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!