Project Engineer - Fabrication Facility
Company: Delta Constructors
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Position Summary: The Project Engineer integrates the various
engineering, scheduling, purchasing, construction, and turnover
aspects of fabrication projects, in accordance with contractual
obligations. - Assumes responsibilities for the technical
excellence of the construction portion of the projects across all
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops the scope of work, schedules, and budgets for the
assigned project elements, monitoring progress to maintain
schedules and budgets; identifies and documents changes in
- Assists the assigned Project Manager in planning, directing,
supervising, and controlling the execution of technical, fiscal,
and administrative functions of the project. -
- Reviews design drawings and Client provided Material Take-Off
to determine material shorts and generates material requisitions
for material shorts per Project Specifications and applicable
- Develops written technical execution plans for field work.
- Acts as the Project Manager's deputy in activities such as
attending meetings by delegation.
- Ensures client criteria and scope are met by all craft
- Expedites distribution of action items following
discussions/meetings with the client and Project Manager. -
- Understands the client's business goals to enhance the project
- Obtains, analyzes, and circulates technical and contractual
information to project disciplines.
- Prepares definitive estimates from client issued drawing
packages and develop a preliminary WBS
- Initiates and reviews project shop drawings for accuracy prior
to submitting to Client for approval.
- Assists in bid analysis, vendor availability, and
- Generates Scope of Work documentation for subcontracted work
scopes and interfaces with procurement in coordination of project
- Notifies project management and other affected personnel of all
changes and prepares associated Change Orders.
- Works with discipline superintendents on design deficiencies
and work with design engineers on resolution through RFI
- Generate lift plans for crane lifts and complex indoor material
- Identifies all piping systems required to be pressure tested,
generates test packages and ensures all systems have been tested
prior to system turnover.
- Understands project systemization, able to determine
system/subsystem boundaries and develop system turnover priorities
and turnover packages.
- Leads client system walkdowns, effectively communicating scope
completion and boundaries relative to the Turnover package
- Assists in proposal and bid development for future work
- Attends training sessions, seminars, and appropriate
educational classes as required by department.
- Other duties as assigned Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Education: A Bachelor's degree in engineering or relevant field
- Work Experience:
- Discipline engineering experience, a broad general engineering
background and previous project engineering experience is
- Five to eight (5-8) years of fabrication experience in
Construction Engineering (or relevant field) is preferred.
- Professional registration is preferred.
- Current and valid driver's license, with clean driving
- Post Job Offer Requirements:
- Take and pass a pre-employment drug test
- Take and pass a Fit-for-Duty Examination Knowledge, Skills &
Abilities Required: -
- Possess current knowledge of Project Engineering and
- Have excellent written and oral communications applicable to
standards set by organization.
- Computer skills commensurate with program and job
- Ability to perform all work in a safe manner that meets company
& client standards.
- Must be able to read and interpret technical drawings and
specifications in at least 3 disciplines (l, Structural, Piping,
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe, and Blue Beam
products to an advanced user level including writing complex
formulas, manipulating datasets, creating charts/graphics, and
creating pivot tables.
- Ability to adapt to changing environment and work
- Ability to read and apply critical and analytical thinking from
- Ability to work independently, handle and prioritize a variety
of tasks concurrently, and meet deadlines
- Ability to perform work in a professional demeanor.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others in a positive manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with team members at all levels,
agency representatives, clients, and subcontractors.
- Must be self-motivated and exercise self-initiative.
- Must be a problem solver and provide constructability solutions
Physical Demand/Work Environment: The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. -
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to walk and sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10
- The employee must occasionally climb ladders or access elevated
- Visual Acuity: must be adequate to perform all required Job
Description tasks in a safe manner. - - The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet,
however work on the shop floor at times will require the use of
double hearing protection
- The employee will be required to work and stay on site during
the work week and must comply with all Company and Client policies
including but not limited to attendance, safety, COVID 19 testing
and vaccination. Disclaimer: The above job description covers the
principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description
shall not however, be construed as a complete job listing of all
duties, which may be required from day-to-day.
Keywords: Delta Constructors, Anchorage , Project Engineer - Fabrication Facility, Engineering , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...