AK Reservoir Engineer
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Develop and execute economic oil and gas investment opportunities
for the company by evaluating reservoir, production and geologic
data, while working closely with other team members.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Identify, prioritize, present, and monitor oil and gas
development and exploitation projects.
- Identify and quantify oil and gas targets.
- Construct plans of depletion.
- Identify reservoir mechanics and predict potential for
- Research field and well histories.
- Produce well bore schematics.
- Analyze cased hole and open hole well logs.
- Analyze pressure and production/injection data.
- Produce structure, production, isobaric, and isopach maps.
- Perform Nodal Analysis.
- Compile relevant oil and gas field data into a complete history
and plan for future development.
- Evaluate economics and profitability of potential projects for
- Work in an integrated team with geologists and operations
engineers to mature rate and reserve add projects to an executable
- Adhere to the company's values - integrity, ownership, urgency,
alignment and innovation.
- Support company vision and mission.
- Adhere to established work schedule and attendance standards
and be punctual to work and meetings.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects corporate assets by
keeping information confidential.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational
workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing
personal networks, and participating in professional
- Other duties as assigned by management. Qualifications:
- Four (4) years minimum reservoir engineering experience and a
proven ability to generate investment opportunities.
- Working knowledge of the roles and job responsibilities of
operations engineers, geologists, geophysicists, landmen, and other
company professionals in order to accomplish team goals.
- Ability to conduct detailed reservoir evaluations and
- Ability to integrate geological data into reservoir engineering
- Ability to accurately solve problems.
- Ability to make valuable contribution to team goals and
- Ability to be available 24 hours per day (on call for
questions, emergencies, etc.).
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with employees, supervisors, other departments,
officials, and the public.
- Ability to complete multiple, diverse tasks of differing
- Ability to integrate data from different sources into reservoir
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with
specific ability to translate complex information into an organized
and presentable manner.
- Excellent project management, administrative, and organization
- Required Software Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office
(Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook), economic analysis
(Aries), Nodal analysis (Petroleum Experts), and public data
- Preferred Software Skills: Proficiency with geologic mapping
tools (Petra), rate transient analysis (Harmony suite), computer
simulation (CMG), well log evaluation (IP), risk assessment (Rose
suite), Data visualization (Spotfire, R). Education Requirements:
- Required: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year
university with a degree in petroleum engineering.
Keywords: Hilcorp, Anchorage , AK Reservoir Engineer, Engineering , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...