Company: Chugach Government Solutions
Posted on: May 11, 2022
When you work at Chugach Government Solutions (CGS), you join a
proud legacy of supporting missions while sustaining culture.
The federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation, CGS has been
supporting critical missions as a government contractor for over 25
years. Our focus is to support facility maintenance, IT/technical
services, construction and education. We are proud to have built,
and continue to foster, an incredibly talented team spanning across
the globe in hundreds of different fields - each team member proud
to serve our country with first-class business services, while also
making a difference for our Chugach shareholders. -
At CGS, empowering employees is a part of our core, and that focus
is one of the ways we build and foster high-performing teams. We
empower our employees through competitive compensation and benefits
package, professional growth opportunities, truthful communication,
If you are looking for an opportunity to serve something bigger
than yourself; if you want your day job to be one that creates
meaningful value; if you are looking for an environment that highly
values employees and respects individual differences - then Chugach
Government Solutions may be the right fit for you!
Network Engineer position will be responsible for engineering
planning, design, equipment evaluation, project management,
installation specifications, and test & acceptance for existing and
advanced networks to ensure cost effective enhancements and
upgrades to meet network requirements. Collaboratively develop and
implement process, procedures, and standards for the maintenance
and operation of corporate communications systems meeting NIST
800-171/CMMC requirements. The incumbent will be self-directing,
rely on extensive experience to accomplish tasks, and a has a wide
degree of creativity and latitude. The Network Engineer will be
expected to help direct the work of the networking team and provide
technical guidance to the Infrastructure and Operations
- Position leads network engineering initiatives within the
Infrastructure and Operations team.
- The purpose of this position is to provide daily tactical
control and oversight of CGS network operations.
- This position reports to the Deputy Director, Infrastructure &
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Provide technical guidance, assistance, and support to
customers accessing CGS information and communications systems and
data. Respond to escalated user support request to resolve highly
complex, time sensitive, or other issues, as needed, ensuring
resolution in a timely manner.
- -Monitors, maintains, installs, configures, secures and
troubleshoots routers, switches, firewalls, IDS/IPS's, VPN devices,
VOIP systems and related hardware.
- Secures network communications systems through compliance with
- Maximizes performance by troubleshooting network problems and
- Leads management of network monitoring and configuration
- Supports special projects as assigned.
- Oversees and administers all device configurations to a
centralized location on a regular basis.
- Represents the network team through documentation of changes
per the change control policies and scheduling upgrades.
- Collaborates with external vendors in order to achieve internal
SLA objectives, as required.
- Travel to support remote site maintenance, as deemed
- Bachelor's in Information Technology or other related technical
- Five (5) years advanced professional experience managing
complex network infrastructures.
- Three (3) years of professional experience with Cisco switches
- Two (2) years of professional experience managing VOIP phone
and voicemail systems.
- Demonstratable experience with next-generation firewalls,
IDS/IPS, and VPN technologies.
- Current DoD 8570 compliant IAT/IAM II certification or ability
to obtain within 180 days of hire.
- CCNA or equivalent professional networking
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government National
Agency Check (NAC) clearance and/or security clearance if
- Ability to successfully pass any employment background checks
and/or drug testing required on the contract.
- Valid state Driver's License with acceptable driving record
pertinent to the position.
- Must be U.S. Citizen or permanent resident.
CGS will provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable
state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical
or mental disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:Chugach is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race,
color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy,
disability, genetic factors, protected veteran status or other
characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: Chugach Government Solutions, Anchorage , NETWORK ENGINEER, Engineering , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!