Electrical Engineering Manager
Company: CTI Education Group
Posted on: February 17, 2021
The table below can be resorted to view positions based on
Location, Company or Department by clicking on the column heading.
If you are interested in reading more about a position, please
click on the Position Title to review the full description. We are
an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If
you are looking for career oppurtunities with Akima please click
here If you are looking for career oppurtunities with Teck please
click here Job Description - Electrical Engineering Manager
(IND00114) Job Description Job Primary Location : US-AK-Anchorage
Shift : Day Job Closing Date (Period for Applying) - External : Feb
25, 2021, 8:59:00 AM Deadline to Fill : Mar 1, 2021 Description
Summary Responsible for management of electrical engineering
department including project management, electrical engineering
design leadership, staff development, and client outreach.
Candidate will apply design and electrical engineering skills to a
variety of diverse and challenging projects throughout Alaska in a
multi-disciplinary environment. The successful candidate will have
a minimum of 12 years of experience in the electrical engineering
design consulting business, with demonstrated arctic and commercial
or industrial /oil and gas design capabilities and with at least 4
years of experience as project manager for a multi-discipline team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead electrical engineering proposals, business development,
and sales activities.
- Prepares and monitors project budgets for projects.
- Maintains project schedules and ensures timely completion of
- Delegates project responsibilities to staff.
- Serves as a project manager or project engineer and as a
designated client contact.
- Coordinates pricing, estimating, scoping and marketing
strategies for proposed projects.
- Prepares engineering agreements for projects within the
- Prepares design computations and quantity estimates
- Develops probable construction cost estimates for his/her
projects within the department
- Attends client meetings - days or nights.
- Responsible for keeping management informed about work in
process, ensures accurate client billings, and monitors outstanding
accounts receivable and collection efforts on his/her
- Analyzes reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, and tests to plan
and design project.
- Directs and supervises other engineers' activities as
- Prepares or modifies reports, specifications, plans,
construction schedules and designs for project.
- Instructs draftspersons/technicians to convert designs to
- Visits construction sites to monitor progress and other duties
per the contract documents.
- Serves as onsite project representative.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and
equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Responsible for project manager and/or project team quality
system tasks as defined in the quality manual.
- Reaches out to new and existing clients for potential project
development and department growth.
- Participate in local profession and student organizations.
- Other duties that are pertinent to the department or unit's
success also may be assigned.
- This position has supervisory responsibilities. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited
four-year college or university required.
- A minimum of 8 years' experience in electrical engineering,
including experience with the A/E design process and specifications
leading to construction documents.
- A minimum of 4 years' experience in engineering project
management for multi-discipline projects.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge in the design of low and
medium voltage distribution systems, low and medium voltage
variable speed drives, arc flash analysis, short circuit analysis,
voltage drop calculations, control systems, standby power systems,
medium voltage transmission and protection coordination.
- Demonstrated success as project manager/designer of record on
projects valued up to $5M
- Proficient in the use of EasyPower for power system
- Proficient with MS Office software; including MS Word, and
- Experience preparing graphical representations of designs
- Experience in lighting, power, signal, communication, controls
and fire detection systems.
- Experience in performing design calculations and preparing
equipment or material specifications.
- Experience with all phases of project management and
- Experience in project delivery of Alaska projects.
- Experience in budgeting, scheduling, planning, design
specification and working drawings
- Experience with having project authority to direct, control and
monitor all activities.
- Working knowledge of applicable electrical and design codes and
- Demonstrated ability to sell services and increase project
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a team
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a fast-track
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills to peers,
managers, and clients
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
- Must be able to travel to remote locations in arctic
environment as needed.
- Experience in commercial, state and federal facility design
- Industrial, oil and gas facility design desirable.
- Must be proficient with AutoCAD and Revit. Experience with
AutoCAD Electrical desirable.
- A valid driver's license and acceptable driving record for the
past three (3) years to be eligible under company vehicle insurance
policy. Working Conditions and Physical Requirements Weather:
Indoors - environmentally controlled; requires most or all work to
be done inside. Noise level: The noise level in the work
environment is usually that of a standard office atmosphere.
Description of environment: Office building with standard office
environment. Physical requirements: Employee is required to
occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Frequently required to
sit, stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, climb,
stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk/hear, see, taste/smell, and
carry weight/lift. Travel: Travel required up to 25 percent of the
time. Employee will travel to remote areas and may be required to
use alternative modes of transportation, including but not limited
to snow machines, boats, small airplanes and ATVs. Travel may
require an employee or contractor to pass a TSA security
checkpoint. If the employee or contractor does not have valid
identification, they will not be able to travel until valid
identification is obtained and verified. For this reason all
employees and contractors must have valid identification when
traveling to and from the work site destination, for a list of TSA
approved valid identification visit
Required Language Equal Opportunity Employer/Shareholder Preference
KUNA is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by applicable law. NANA grants employment
preference to shareholders of NANA and their spouses and
descendants to the extent allowed by law. It is KUNA policy to
conduct background checks, drug testing and a physical assessment,
as applicable, once an offer has been accepted, in accordance with
company and/or contract requirements. Accommodation Request If you
are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility
assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please
submit a request by telephone or via email. In order to
appropriately assist you with an accommodation, we ask that you
please specify the assistance needed in order to access our jobsite
and post for a position. The dedicated email and telephonic options
are listed below and are reserved only for individuals with
disabilities needing accessibility assistance. To request an
accommodation by telephone, contact us at: 1-800-478-2000
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Anchorage , Electrical Engineering Manager, Engineering , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!