Primary Lead Teacher
Company: Anchorage Montessori School
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Supervisor: Executive Director
Supervises: Teacher Aide(s) & Teacher Assistant(s)
Scheduling: This is an exempt position with up to 40 hours per
Job Summary: In accordance with the American Montessori Societys
Code of Ethics and Anchorage Montessori Schools policies and
procedures, plan and implement the program for assigned classroom
and supervise teacher aide. Ensure the full implementation of
Anchorage Montessori Schools mission and philosophy. Work with
school community members to provide excellence in the early
childhood field and in professional development.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. At all times, through all nonverbal behavior and all
communications, convey a positive attitude of initiative,
satisfaction, and pride in your work and in the children and school
community. Demonstrate a disposition toward life-long learning, an
appreciation of human potential, and respect for the world.
2. Implement the program to meet the needs of the individual child
with concern for his/her individual potential, special talents,
style, and pace of learning.
3. Consider the individual child in relationship to his cultural
and socioeconomic background, ensuring that each child is treated
with dignity and respect.
4. Help each child become aware of his/her role as an integral
member of a group.
5. As a supervisor, use interviewing, on-the-job orientation,
written planning, and individual conferences to guide each aide
toward his/her optimum classroom role.
6. Ensure that Anchorage Montessori Schools indoor and outdoor
environment ground rules are always followed and respected .
7. Ensure that all Municipal Health and Human Services Licensing
Codes are followed at the classroom level, including but not
limited to supervision and health and safety issues.
Essential Job Functions & Qualifications:
1. Certification in Montessori Education for level teaching.
Certification must be from the American Montessori Society or the
Association Montessori Internationale.
2. University level degree is highly desired.
3. Demonstrated initiative, accountability, good listening skills,
ability to interact with others and enjoyment and respect for young
children and their families.
4. Good general health and physical condition, including: negative
TB PPD clearance within 12 months, documented physical examination
within 12 months prior to beginning employment, be able to bend,
twist and kneel with ease, move quickly when necessary and annual
health history update thereafter.
5. Be able to lift/carry 26-50 lbs.
6. Strength and stamina for the physical demands of kneeling,
crouching, bending, sitting at childs level, walking, standing,
lifting, and handling equipment, furniture, and materials.
7. Current first aid and infant, child and adult CPR
8. Clear Criminal Background check.
9. At least 19 years of age.
Keywords: Anchorage Montessori School, Anchorage , Primary Lead Teacher, Education / Teaching , Wasilla, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!