Front Office Supervisor
Company: Aloft Anchorage Midtown
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Front Office Supervisor Job Description
Aloft Anchorage Midtown
Position Purpose: The Front Office Supervisor is responsible for ensuring all guests are greeted promptly and with courteous service. The Front Office Supervisor is responsible for training of front desk associates, being proficient in our property management system, address guest complaints or issues, and ensures a smooth and efficient front office operation. Checks guests out of the hotel. Assists with ordering and scheduling. Upgrades guests, as required. Promotes hotel services, amenities and upsells products to the guests. Strives for excellent guest satisfaction and works with their team to ensure guests are taken care of efficiently and with positively outrageous service.
* Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
* Life Insurance
* Paid personal time off
* Leadership and Management Training Programs
* 401K Retirement Plan
* A PATH for your future!
* Discounted room rates
* A FUN PLACE TO WORK
* Access to voluntary benefits, including discount in pet insurance, cell phones, Travel & Entertainment and Health & Wellness programs.
- - - - - - - - - - Trains front office staff of the proper check in/ check out procedures per hotel standards.
- - - - - - - - - - Ensures outstanding customer service at all times.
- - - - - - - - - - Maintains a friendly and professional demeanor at all times.
- - - - - - - - - - Handles stressful situations calmly.
- - - - - - - - - - Supervises daily shift processes to ensure all team members adhere to standard operating procedures and are friendly and attentive to all guests needs.
- - - - - - - - - - Resolves customer issues quickly and efficiently to maintain a high level of guest satisfaction
- - - - - - - - - - Builds strong relationships with all associates and departments.
- - - - - - - - - - Maintains a high level of communication with all departments and the general manager
- - - - - - - - - - Produces front desk schedules
- - - - - - - - - - Assists in order of front office supplies and market items
- - - - - - - - - - Actively works the desk and completes the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from our property management system. Confirms pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Codes electronic keys. Non-verbally delivers the room number. Provides friendly service while making sure to hit all required steps of check in and check out per hotel and Marriott standards.
- - - - - - - - - - Assists guest with check out payments or charges. Accepts and records vouchers, credit, traveler's checks, and other forms of payment.
- - - - - - - - - - -Greets customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such on outlet hours, special VIP programs, events, etc.
- - - - - - - - - - Receives special requests from guests, and responds appropriately or forwards requests to appropriate department or manager for decisions and actions.
- - - - - - - - - - Receives special requests from guests, and responds appropriately or forwards requests to appropriate associates for decisions and actions.
- - - - - - - - - - Promptly answers the telephone and email inquiries. Inputs messages into the computer and advises other associates of special guest needs. Retrieves messages and communicates the content to the guest. Retrieves mail, packages and facsimiles or other special items for customers as requested.
- - - - - - - - - - Empathize and Listen to guest issues, conducting through research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgement and discretion.
- - - - - - - - - - Ensures safety and security at all times.
- - - - - - - - - - Works nights and weekends as the MOD
SUPPORTIVE FUNCTIONS In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the Manager based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- - - - - - - - - Attempts to communicate with guest in guest's native language, if applicable.
- - - - - - - - - Remains calm and alert, especially during emergency and/or heavy hotel activity, and resolve complications such as location changes or credit issues.
- - - - - - - - - Assist with van driving as needed
Operate various office machines
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
--- Considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
--- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts. --- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing. --- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
NOTICE: Standing, bending, stooping, and lifting weights up to and including 20 lbs. may be required. The hospitality business functions seven (7) days a week, twenty-four hours a day. In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.
Upon employment, all associates are required to fully comply with JL Hospitality Management rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. -
JL Hospitality Management, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. JL Hospitality Management, LLC does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service.
Front Office Supervisor Job Description
Keywords: Aloft Anchorage Midtown, Anchorage , Front Office Supervisor, Administration, Clerical , Anchorage, Alaska
here to apply!