Company: Parker Drilling Company
Posted on: November 11, 2019
POSITION SUMMARY The Accountant I will assist the Operation Finance
Department with month-end close, general ledger account
reconciliations, and other departmental responsibilities as
outlined below. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS will include the
- Process AP, AR, and Project related transactions through ERP
- Track and coordinate payment of receivables in accordance with
- Create Local Purchase Order (LPO) Log, including LPO filing
- Process Accounts Receivable invoices, supporting documentation
and AR Invoice Log
- Prepare month-end, quarter-end and year-end journal entries,
non-routine adjustments, amortizations, accruals and
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly operating cost reports
- Collaborate with various departments and worksites to resolve
invoicing, purchasing or transactional discrepancies
- Reconcile GL accounts on a monthly basis
- Prepare account analysis and research and resolve
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors with requests as
- Conduct Annual Inventory Count
- Exhibit friendly and positive behavior in a team
- Abide by Company policies and procedures
- Assist with other duties and special projects as assigned
POSITION SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES To perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be capable of working in a team environment.
- Must be a detail oriented, self-starter and able to work with
little supervision while maintaining goals/tasks
- Must have good PC skills to include all MS Office products with
extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Must be knowledgeable of GAAP
- Experience with ERP based accounting system (Oracle preferred),
data upload processes and Hyperion Essbase
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be
able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers
- Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to
follow directions LEADERSHIP ACCOUNTABILITIES Business Acumen
- Responsible for identifying ways to safely mitigate our
customer's risks and manage their costs.
- Responsible for identifying ways to improve our operational and
business performance with innovation, reliability and
- Responsible for identifying potential risks and taking steps to
mitigate and manage that risk to prevent unfavourable cost and
- Responsible for providing cost and benefit analysis as well as
impact on for different scenarios to support decision making.
- Ensures prioritization and completion of tasks in furtherance
of company, business unit, and division vision, mission, and
- Displays a systematic planning approach to define and
effectively communicate priorities and objectives relevant to area
- Ensures that activities have been planned, reviewed, and
approved at appropriate approval.
- Uses checklists and other tools to ensure that activities are
completed in a timely manner to the required level of quality.
- Displays and maintains a positive relationship with the client
in furtherance of division's efforts to differentiate itself from
- Responsible to develop relationships with potential customers
and working closely with the ABU Business Development Manager to
complete tenders and proposals. Influence and Judgement
- Analyses problems, strategizes, and makes sound decisions with
stakeholder and team support, especially regarding sensitive or
high pressure situations.
- Proposes creative solutions to meet the needs of stakeholders
while reducing costs and mitigating risks.
- Makes appropriate decisions without delay and with appropriate
- Displays ability to understand, empathize and connect with team
as well as effectively generate team support.
- Responsible to raise issues to a higher level in the
chain-of-command as appropriate. Intercultural Awareness
- Understands global and local regulations for getting resources
- Develops strategies for overcoming cultural differences to
achieve common goals.
- Responsible for understanding, promoting, celebrating and
overcoming cultural differences Change Management
- Responsible for communicating company strategic vision.
- Able to create strategies specific for area of responsibility
that align with organizational vision and priorities.
- Able to plan change initiatives with input from variety of
- Demonstrates how changes will impact the team, morale and
- Demonstrates commitment to lead innovation and continuous
improvement to deliver business results.
- Able to quickly shift focus between multiple projects to
achieve high quality and timely outcomes. Effective Communication
- Effectively communicates to department, other functions and
- Ensures communication is two-way by effective listening and
- Responsible for appropriately communicating positive feedback
and recognition as well as coaching and discipline, choosing the
appropriate manner for delivering the communication.
- Able to tailor messages based on the type of audience and
anticipate how communications will be received.
- Able to use multiple channels of communication effectively.
- Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line
with Company safety standards.
- Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to
include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
- Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping
and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at
- Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work
with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves
or others at risk.
- Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately
investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
- As needed, seek advice from HSE representative. PHYSICAL
DEMANDS The physical demands must be met by an employee to
successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this
job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use
hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The
employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, carry,
push/pull and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. The employee
may be required to lift and/or move objects of up to 25 pounds.
Hearing, seeing ability of rapid mental coordination. It is
required to be mentally alert for entire regular shift. WORK
ENVIRONMENT This position may work in various locations - both in
the U.S. and internationally. Some locations may be subject to
extreme temperatures, hostile environments, civil unrest, etc.
Also, travel to and from work location may require extended
layovers in unfamiliar locations. Potential for exposure to
temperature changes, wetness, confined spaces, chemicals, grease
and oil, working with ladder/scaffolds, working with hands in
water, and working alone. Parker Drilling will supply adequate
training and equipment to meet the functions of the job.
Keywords: Parker Drilling Company, Anchorage , Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!