Assistant Corporate Controller
Posted on: November 10, 2019
Assistant Corporate ControllerDescriptionAbout NMSBuilt on aculture
of safety and integrity, NMS delivers award-winning, integrated
supportservices to a variety of clients in food service, facilities
management, campservices, security and hotel management in Alaska
and the continental U.S. Weare proud to serve not only our original
oilfield clients, but also clientsfrom federal, state and local
governments, corporate facilities, healthcareinstitutions, schools
and universities, manufacturing centers, and thetransportation and
telecommunications industry. Our clients have peace of mindknowing
we are committed to delivering best-in-class service, and we
bringcreativity, technology and experience to every project. Our
mission is toprovide management and support services at a level of
quality, value, safetyand expertise beyond our clients
expectations. At NMS, we expect our employeesto fulfill that
mission in every aspect of their work.SummaryThisposition is
primarily responsible for assisting the Corporate Controller
withthe periodic financial statement closing process, planning and
completing theannual external audit and ensuring that balance sheet
accounts are reconciledproperly and on a timely basis. Inaddition,
this position is responsible for Fixed Asset accounting
andreporting. Works closely with theassigned Executive Staff
members in a business partner capacity includingassisting with
completion of the annual operating and capital budgets as wellas
quarterly forecast updates. Must be "hands-on" with respect
tocompletion of assigned tasks. Attentionto detail, strong problem
solving, analytical and communication skills arecritical for this
position. Reports tothe Corporate Controller.Essential Duties and
- Assists the Corporate Controller withoversight of the periodic
financial statement closing process.
- Assists the Corporate Controller withensuring that the company
financial statements are accurate, timely andpresented in
accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles andcompany
policies, where applicable.
- Assists the Corporate Controller withplanning, schedule
preparation, coordination and completing the annual
- Assists the Corporate Controller withthe monitoring of
procedural and policy compliance to ensure that the internalcontrol
system is functioning properly. Recommends changes as
- Serves as Finance Business Partner forassigned members of
- Provides direction and supervision toassigned staff.
- Responsible for ensuring that allbalance sheet accounts are
reconciled properly and on a timely basis.
- Responsible for recording fixed assetpurchases and depreciation
- Responsible for preparation of routineand corrective journal
- Responsible for timely, propercompletion of assigned account
- Assists with tax compliance includingbut not limited to local,
state and federal filings.
- Serves as back-up administrator forCompany banking
- Assists Corporate Controller with thedevelopment of the Finance
annual budget and quarterly forecast as well assubsequent analysis
of any variances between planned and actual results.
- Special projects as assigned by theCorporate Controller.
- This position has supervisoryresponsibilities.
- Other duties that are pertinent to thedepartment or units
success also may be assigned.QualificationsMinimum Requirements
- Bachelors degree in Accounting orrelated field required.
- Ten or more years of progressivelyresponsible accounting and
- Thorough knowledge and understanding ofGenerally Accepted
Accounting Principles and systems of internal controls.
- Previous experience with DeltekCostpoint experience strongly
- CPA preferred.
- Strong organizational and timemanagement skills.
- Strong communication skills and theability to interface
effectively with all levels of management.
- Advanced skillset in Microsoft Excel,and Outlook.
- Requiresa valid Drivers License and an acceptable driving
record for the past three(3) years to be eligible under NMS vehicle
insurance policy.Working Conditions and Physical
RequirementsWeather: Indoors:environmentally controlled; requires
most or all work to be done insideNoise level: QuietDescription of
environment:Standard office environmentPhysical
requirements:Employee is required to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
Frequently required tosit, stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle
or feel, climb, stoop, kneel,crouch or crawl, talk/hear, see,
taste/smell, and carry weight/lift.Travel: NoneCompetenciesNMSCore
ValuesSafetyguides our behavior.Honestyand integrity govern our
activities.Commitmentsmade will be fulfilled.Allindividuals are
treated with dignity and respect.Theenvironment will be protected
and sustained.Required LanguageEqualOpportunity
Employer/Shareholder PreferenceNMSis an equal employment
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants willreceive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion,sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, protectedstatus or any other characteristic protected
by applicable law.NANA grantsemployment preference to shareholders
of NANA and their spouses and descendantsto the extent allowed by
law.Itis NMS policy to conduct background checks, drug testing and
a physicalassessment, as applicable, once an offer has been
accepted, in accordance withcompany and/or contract
requirements.Accommodation RequestIf you are a job seeker with a
disability andrequire accessibility assistance or an accommodation
to apply for one of ourjobs, please submit a request by telephone
or via email. In order toappropriately assist you with an
accommodation, we ask that you please specifythe assistance needed
in order to access our jobsite and post for a position.The
dedicated email and telephonic options are listed below and are
reservedonly for individuals with disabilities needing
accessibility assistance.To request an accommodation by
telephone,contact us at: 1-800-478-2000To request an accommodation
by email, contactus email@example.comJob: Finance &
AccountingCompany: NANA Management ServicesPrimary Location:
US-AK-AnchorageShift: Day JobClosing Date (Period for Applying) -
External: Nov 15, 2019, 11:59:00 PMReq ID: UCR00372
Keywords: nana, Anchorage , Assistant Corporate Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!