Utility Billing Lead
Company: TDX Holdings, LLC
Posted on: April 15, 2019
Join our team so that you can work for a company that strives to
help distribute reliable cost-effective energy to rural Alaskan
TDX Power is a recognized expert in small rural utility systems and
a leader in renewable energy power generation. We partner with
energy experts and industry leaders dedicated to making energy
reliable and cost effective. For more information, visit our
website at: www.tdxpower.com
As the Utility Billing Lead this position is responsible for
performing and coordinating activities related to the utility
billing team and customer service functions. This position
functions as a lead, providing oversight for utility functions
through customer billing and account maintenance, financial
reconciliations, and customer issue resolutions. This position
shall also serve as a back-up to the Manager of Regulatory Affairs
as needed. The Utility Billing Lead must be forward looking while
paying close attention to daily activities to ensure that routine
utility billing and customer service activities are carried out to
meet the objectives of the department. Responsible for processing
Utility billing by the deadline, account reconciliations, excellent
customer service, maintaining accurate and organized utility
customer account files to ensure accuracy in billing.
Utility Billing department lead has responsibility for:
* Monitoring key accounts and responding to customer issues;
* Approving and updating Utility Billing account adjustments;
* Training, instructing and scheduling work within the work
* Monitoring resources allocated to the utility billing
* Account collections and reconciliations as appropriate;
* Meeting assigned deadlines;
* Assist Manager of Regulatory Affairs with streamlining and
documenting processes and procedures.
* Calculate the billing of customer invoices and close out
* Assist with interpreting and resolving accounts receivable
problems with clients.
* Respond to questions, requests and referring complex issues to
the appropriate person and taking messages where appropriate.
* Maintain thorough, well organized accounts receivable customer
files and account file numbers. Process and maintain changes in
customer names, addresses, account status or meter locations from
* Work as a cashier receiving utility payments. Balance and posts
daily receipts for accounts receivable and preparing daily bank
deposits; reconciles deposits with computer printout; prepares
adjustment entries for accounts.
* Preparation of journal entries as relates to accounts
* Check error messages to detect abnormal metering information;
compare past consumption patterns and other known conditions to
determine need for rereading or investigation.
* Detect and analyze indicated metering abnormalities in relation
to past consumption patterns, seasonal variations, and other
pertinent factors, and to draw reasonable conclusions.
* Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed
payments and other irregularities.
* Make necessary corrections for billing and provide the customer
with an explanation.
* Research AR aged accounts customer information such as phone
numbers, addresses and/or emails for collection purposes.
* Prepare second notices of past due accounts and prepare cut-off
* Coordinate all changes and issues to Billing Program with USTI
* Assist with preparation of Utility Regulatory audits.
* Provide support to personnel at outlying locations.
* Attend recommended Utility Training.
* Travel maybe required to Utility sites for Office Assistance.
* Performs other duties as required.
* Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
* Knowledge of accounting and financial management procedures.
* Well-developed customer service skills.
* Knowledge of administrative principles and practices including
goal setting; program development and implementation; continuous
process improvement, current supervisory principles and
* Ability to act independently and know when to refer situations to
a higher-level authority.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from the customer base
* Knowledge of principles and practices of billing processes,
customer account maintenance, customer relationship
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as billing invoices,
work orders, statutes, regulations, data reporting etc.
* Ability to prepare and maintain records, reports and
* Fluent skill in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
* Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook and professional accounting
software (Asyst and Viewpoint)
Education, Experience, and Other Requirements:
* Four-year college degree with major coursework in a discipline
related to the duties of the position and seven years of
progressively responsible relating work experience.
* Additional qualifying work experience may be substituted for the
* To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
the following competencies to perform the essential functions of
* Good interpersonal and analytical skills.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to
accept direction on given assignments.
* Able to work collectively with the administrative team associates
and working through chain of command.
* Able to work with minimum supervision.
* Able to multi-task and handle a large number of administrative
* Must possess ability to understand departmental operations and
* Provide outstanding customer service to external and internal
* Recognizes need for confidentiality and securing of sensitive
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the
only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be
required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other
duties requested by his or her supervisor. The statements herein
are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by the employee in this position. They are not to be
constructed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and
skills required of a person in this position. Furthermore, they do
not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change
at the discretion of TDX Power.
TDX Power is a subsidiary of TDX and is an EEO/AA Employer, and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law. Native Preference applies pursuant
to P.L. 93-638. Prior to employment, successful completion of a
background investigation may be required. .
Keywords: TDX Holdings, LLC, Anchorage , Utility Billing Lead, Accounting, Auditing , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!